Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

At least you have some nice shade.

In this weather, I’m in the sun all day so always up against it. Saying that, it stops me faffing for hours (apparently) 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

NeilS wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:35 pm Q. Who said you shouldn’t clean a car in direct blazing sunlight?
A? Most normal people…….

But I did it anyway. 😱🙄

Fiesta done, Puma next.

4E3262ED-CC9D-4912-84A5-BC753B9A0136.jpeg
8947F5CA-B268-4091-9C3A-5956A071192C.jpeg
Would you like to run us through your process and products?
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm
Rog107 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:34 am
Haha love it!! :lol:
I think you're safe on the pitch, though... :D
Rog..... Standard collapse after lunch. I told ya..... 😄😄😄
LOL You called it right! :)
Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

NeilS wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:06 pm Two white cars…..you like to live life on the edge 😆
There's an old saying - if you love to clean cars, buy black, 'cos you'll be doing it every day.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

[quote=Rog107 post_id=12104 time=1623583498
LOL You called it right! :)
[/quote]

Oh mate... Congrats to the black caps. Next for eng, India followed by the ashes. We are properly on the ropes. 😁
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:37 am Would you like to run us through your process and products?
Potential long post…….

Starting with the wheels and tyres.

Pressure wash to remove surface dirt, APC on the arches and tyres and left to dwell. Agitated with various brushes. Wheel barrel, face and back of spokes cleaned with normal car shampoo and various brushes/wash pads. Rinsed. Tar remover applied and agitated, rinsed. Fallout remover applied and after dwelling, agitated. Thorough rinse. Repeat 3 more times for the remaining wheels

Body

Citrus APC sprayed to lower half and bumpers and left to dwell. Snow foam applied over the top to give it more bite and dwell time. snow foamed the wheels too as this helps to neutralise any left over tar or fallout product.

Pressure wash thoroughly. Bug remover applied to help soften the bits of splatter/insect poo etc that the snow foam and pressure wash didn’t shift. Rinsed thoroughly.

Panels/glass washed and rinsed a panel at a time - 2 bucket method and 3 separate wash mitts. One for the main panels, one for the lower third and one for the door/boot shuts.

Pressure rinse all over.

Fallout remover and pressure washed off. No evidence of tar.

Light covering of remaining snow foam to help neutralise the above fallout.

Pressure rinse

Sealant applied via foam lance whilst wet

Dried. Separate towels for panels, lower third, door shuts, wheels/tyres

Trim and rubbers dressed, tyres dressed (rolled the car to get to the lower part of the tyre) glass cleaned inside and out and a final wipe down and buff with a detailer spray to ensure nothing had been missed and to add an extra bit of protection.

The car had previously been protected with a ceramic infused paste wax which clearly was still working.

Products used ranged from Bilt Hamber, Autoglym and Detailed Online. Some of which was the first time using them.

I think that’s it. Probably missed part of the process 😆
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Thanks Neil, plenty of detail :lol: there and similar to my own (although you have a couple more steps). Haven’t yet ventured into the ceramic world, very happy with Bilt Hamber double speed wax but will also try the Finis wax when I get through this tin of DSW.
If I’m pushed for time I also use Aqua Wax as Wdf76 which I find gives a useful amount of protection and shine for minimal effort and time…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

DSW is great.

The Fiesta was waxed using Detailed Online’s Surreal ceramic infused wax back in April and I hadn’t noticed any degradation during that time or since hitting it with APC, Bug, tar and fallout remover on Saturdays wash so I topped it with Polar Seal and an SIO2 detailer spray.

Come end of autumn, I’ll strip and polish (if necessary) and wax again. I get a weird satisfaction from applying a paste wax. 🤫😆

I’ve still got some EGP, but tempted to dabble with a liquid wax.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

NeilS wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:33 pm I hadn’t noticed any degradation during that time or since hitting it with APC, Bug, tar and fallout remover
That's a good coating. You'd think 4 separate decon treatments would take that off esp APC.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I was/am pleasantly surprised. The APC was a relatively low 20:1 dilution.