Friday 13th!!!

The place to discuss everything else..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Driving happily along an A road this morning when a truck travelling in the opposite direction shed a nut or bolt which hit my windscreen. I saw it coming, but, obviously, was unable to do anything about it. :o :x
It caused a large chip in the centre of the windscreen. I've measured it and it's borderline repair or replace. If they have to replace it they have to recalibrate the camera. My preference would be a new screen over a repair, I think my excess is Β£95 (I've got some spare beer money these days.. :D )
I'll run it up the road to the repair centre, favoured by my insurance company, tomorrow and ask their advice before making an appointment.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Nothing worse than seeing something flying towards you when you've nowhere to go. Think I'd take the repair if it's possible. It's guaranteed and if it worsens you can go for a new screen, thus saving 🍺 tokens for December 3rd. Hope you get sorted.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Make sure you ask for a genuine ford windscreen and not the standard Pilkington one most insurance companies use. I know the Ford screens use Pilkington glass anyway, but the ford ones will have the genuine ford stamp on them. Your insurance company will do it if asked nicely.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
paulv

Post by paulv »

my wife is convinced its my fault when i get a windscreen chip - must be the way I drive, she says
It's bad enough getting the chip in the first place, but to then be blamed for it - sheesh!
hope this didn't happen to you :)
hope you get yours sorted ok
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulv wrote: ↑Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:34 pm my wife is convinced its my fault when i get a windscreen chip - must be the way I drive, she says
It's bad enough getting the chip in the first place, but to then be blamed for it - sheesh!
Thanks....I'm lucky.....Wife doesn't drive my car and I blame the truck driver for having loose nuts. :lol:
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Was it as big as this?

F7B1B021-A6E1-4000-BA58-012C54C0F131.jpeg

Still awaiting Auroglass to source the part from Ford, doubt they have any spares yet.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Spearmint wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 am Was it as big as this?

F7B1B021-A6E1-4000-BA58-012C54C0F131.jpeg

Still awaiting Auroglass to source the part from Ford, doubt they have any spares yet.
Ouch!! Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Spearmint wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 am Was it as big as this?
Oh my, was that a stone?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

This Big....and deep....

Screen Chip.jpg

paulv

Post by paulv »

Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:24 pm
paulv wrote: ↑Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:34 pm my wife is convinced its my fault when i get a windscreen chip - must be the way I drive, she says
Thanks....I'm lucky.....Wife doesn't drive my car and I blame the truck driver for having loose nuts. :lol:
my wife doesn't drive my car, but she ALWAYS has an opinion :)
and it never is our fault anyway :)
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D