USB Socket

The place to discuss everything else..
smiffypeter

Post by smiffypeter »

I have just taken delivery of my Puma ST LINE Vignale.
There are two sub sockets on board 1 next to the power socket (usb type A)
The other is in the armrest next to the driver. Neither I or the sales team can identify the type of usb. It appears to be a micro socket of some description. In order to plug in my sub stick with music I need to identify this socket.
Has anyone come across this and what is the outcome

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

It’s a USB-C socket which is rapidly replacing the old USB-A socket.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=477

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=450&p=4045#p4045
smiffypeter

Post by smiffypeter »

Many thanks will give it a try and let you know
Deleted User 229

smiffypeter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm Many thanks will give it a try and let you know

I recommend these which I use all the time. It is both A and C so you can load your music using A and then plug it in to your car using C. Note they come in all sizes starting from 16GB.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FirstFord1972 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:58 am
smiffypeter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm Many thanks will give it a try and let you know

I recommend these which I use all the time. It is both A and C so you can load your music using A and then plug it in to your car using C. Note they come in all sizes starting from 16GB.

Something missing??
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 229

Or of course you can use a simple USB-C to USB-A adaptor.

paulv

Post by paulv »

got my USB C to USB A adapter
found it very fiddly to plug in (fat fingers, poor eyesight and it's dark in there :) )
I now wait for the moment I forget its there and wreck both it and the whole socket...
grrr progress eh?
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulv wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 am got my USB C to USB A adapter
found it very fiddly to plug in (fat fingers, poor eyesight and it's dark in there :) )
I now wait for the moment I forget its there and wreck both it and the whole socket...
grrr progress eh?
In three years of having the USB facility in the Armrest, I've never used it in anger. Music is streamed directly from the phone if needed (more a radio man in the car).
I can see how large families would want more, but, I struggle to find a use for it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
paulv

Post by paulv »

Sparks wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:42 am
paulv wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 am got my USB C to USB A adapter
grrr progress eh?
In three years of having the USB facility in the Armrest, I've never used it in anger. Music is streamed directly from the phone if needed (more a radio man in the car).
I can see how large families would want more, but, I struggle to find a use for it.
Thanks for the reply - Unfortunately with my last car I became reliant on carplay over sync3. That car- mondeo vignale - had 3 x USB A sockets, 2 in the armrest and 1 in the back. I would perhaps have used sync3 more, but it was very unreliable at the time (losing GPS regularly, hardly any mobile apps to use - dealer said GPS was a known fault and nothing could be done). Carplay was more reliable with Waze as navigation system I found.

I begrudgingly got used to cables running from the armrest, 1 to my mobile, and another for my wifes mobile.

Now on the Puma I get a USB A and a USB C option. the USB C will be for my wifes phone when needed

Its giving me a good reason to try sync3 again, if the navigation on sync is as good or better than Waze now then I'll maybe look at using it as default. I have seen that I could use Waze with the phone connected to sync3 as a mobile app, but that still needs the phone plugging in to a cable...
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

paulv wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:48 pm
Its giving me a good reason to try sync3 again, if the navigation on sync is as good or better than Waze now then I'll maybe look at using it as default. I have seen that I could use Waze with the phone connected to sync3 as a mobile app, but that still needs the phone plugging in to a cable...
I might sound really negative here but I gave up on Sync two Fords ago. Waze too, ever since Google brought them. I just use android auto for everything. Google maps to navigate and the 'hey google' command when I to do anything else. Send a WhatsApp etc.

Everynow and again I have to use sync when my phone does not connect when plugged in. This is a Ford problem, my Fiesta did the same.

The only snag I have with Google is that I use prime music as a streaming service and Google really doesn't like asking Amazon to play what I want to hear. That's just mean.