USB Socket

The place to discuss everything else..
paulv

Post by paulv »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:19 pm
paulv wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:48 pm
Its giving me a good reason to try sync3 again, if the navigation on sync is as good or better than Waze now then I'll maybe look at using it as default. I have seen that I could use Waze with the phone connected to sync3 as a mobile app, but that still needs the phone plugging in to a cable...
I might sound really negative here but I gave up on Sync two Fords ago. Waze too, ever since Google brought them. I just use android auto for everything. Google maps to navigate and the 'hey google' command when I to do anything else. Send a WhatsApp etc.

Everynow and again I have to use sync when my phone does not connect when plugged in. This is a Ford problem, my Fiesta did the same.

The only snag I have with Google is that I use prime music as a streaming service and Google really doesn't like asking Amazon to play what I want to hear. That's just mean.
I totally agree with you its a ford problem really - and a crazy to think we have paid so much for the car and we can't rely on their infotainment systems. I have used google maps a couple of times via carplay and I'm tempted to use it more often, but from what I can see I still have to use carplay. This then means that i have to plug the phone in to the usb socket, which in turn means the phone doesnt sit very nicely in the charging tray (and I'm not too sure if it did fit well in the tray, and was plugged in, does that cause any issue with charging at all (trying to charge from two separate charging facilities)
I'm tempted by the cplay2air adapter as I could plug it in to the armrest, and then rest my phone in the charging area - a bit of a gamble at £100+ but I may give it a go

thus totally avoiding sync3...
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm surprised people are having problems with the onboard Nav....I used on my Fiesta Active and now on the Puma and it's worked fine on both. In fact the 'Traffic' is working better in the Puma.
I do use Android Auto for long trips, but can't be bothered to plug the phone in on short ones, especially with the wireless charging.
I still like Waze, but tend to use Google maps more.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.