B&O play DSP

The place to discuss everything else..
PhilGood

Post by PhilGood »

I own a Puma St Line X 155cv with B&O play complete audio system.
There's too much bass, the subwoofer is too loud and overloads the car's interior with bass.
In surround mode, the bass is a little less bad but the sound is too spherical, too placed in center.
In stereo mode, the sound is too much at the front of the car and much less clear.
The tablet offers only a few basic settings...

Can we connect a software directly to the DSP box to configure the audio system ?
e.g. a laptop via usb port or wifi connection, to access DSP or amp parameters.
Alpine allows it : you can modify the frequencies, level of bass, high or low-pass filter.

Thanks to those who will answer me

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

To be fair pal. There's quite a few owners on here that don't even have the surround option on their b&o play system (but should have), let alone wonder whether the sound output is too spherical.....

Just saying..... But, you're welcome.
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm To be fair pal. There's quite a few owners on here that don't even have the surround option on their b&o play system (but should have), let alone wonder whether the sound output is too spherical.....

Just saying..... But, you're welcome.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
PhilGood

Post by PhilGood »

I understand. sorry.

I am an audiophile, I'm looking for settings on the DSP box. I love being able to customize the sound in my car.
Otherwise my puma is really a great car, I love its engine noise and energy, its "Porsche look" and the excellent finish !
In France, his name is "Forsche", it's a beautiful car.

I am writing to you because I think that among you there are ingenious people.

thank you so much
veng92

Post by veng92 »

As a fellow audiophile, don't expect much from a b&o system at this price point. It sounds plenty good enough for what it is (and to justify the cost), but isn't going to blow you away. I tend to stay clear of "surround" options, but in this case it does help a lot with balancing the sound.

In stereo, if you turn the bass down enough for some music - in other music it may be far too flat. Best to stick it in surround and leave it there, as long as you're not one of the unlucky ones that need the update.
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

PhilGood wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:55 am I understand. sorry.

I am an audiophile, I'm looking for settings on the DSP box. I love being able to customize the sound in my car.
Otherwise my puma is really a great car, I love its engine noise and energy, its "Porsche look" and the excellent finish !
In France, his name is "Forsche", it's a beautiful car.

I am writing to you because I think that among you there are ingenious people.

thank you so much
Don't be sorry. There's no need.

I think the standard sound is more than ample, I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with tuning sound, let alone what spherical sound means.

What is lacking for some owners is the surround sound option. Even my ears can tell the difference between stereo and surround, it's not good at all.
PhilGood

Post by PhilGood »

Dear all,

I want to install an active subwoofer in my puma, to which connection can I connect it?

see below the material from Ford accessories :

https://www.fordaccessoires.fr/infodive ... &year=2019

thanks by advance for your answers
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Could the active sub be fitted where the existing one is (right side of luggage area). Hopefully you could use the existing connection from the original sub.....

Just my thoughts.
PhilGood

Post by PhilGood »

thank you for this clarification of this location.
I'm thinking about putting the active subwoofer under the front passenger seat, as a replacement for the tire repair kit.
For the connection, I think it depends on the level, because the output is already amplified,
or so, I connect with the input (= tablet output), but my concern is that I do not know the wiring diagram.
B&O society says to ask Ford about it, but my garage doesn't know, puma's too new. (snif)
It's difficult to get answers
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Is there a sub control in sync hidden away or will one be added sorely needed, some tracks sound great then others flat so you cannot boost bass for those as when tracks with bass ,just overload

Just needs a sub control a simple =/-
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)