New Ford EV teased

The place to discuss everything else..

Post by 4251 »

Deleted User 905 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm As a journalist said recently Ev’s could be the new Betamax.

What is the alternative without fossil fuels? A magic VHS car … 8-) Mind you I did buy a Betamax, no problem because I changed it for a VHS later on. The petrol fuel car is the new Betamax taking over from the diesel fuel car.
EV’s on mass is the stupidest most impractical idea ever. Hydrogen and synthetic fuel is the only way forward. Remember over 50% of our electricity comes from gas which is 2/3rds as dirty as coal and thst % aint getting any lower any time soon and that’s on top of the filthy emissions from manufacturing and disposal. Complete farce

FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

4251 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:43 pm
Deleted User 905 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm As a journalist said recently Ev’s could be the new Betamax.

What is the alternative without fossil fuels? A magic VHS car … 8-) Mind you I did buy a Betamax, no problem because I changed it for a VHS later on. The petrol fuel car is the new Betamax taking over from the diesel fuel car.
EV’s on mass is the stupidest most impractical idea ever. Hydrogen and synthetic fuel is the only way forward. Remember over 50% of our electricity comes from gas which is 2/3rds as dirty as coal and thst % aint getting any lower any time soon and that’s on top of the filthy emissions from manufacturing and disposal. Complete farce
Agree totally synthetic fuel extracts co2 from the atmosphere and can use existing fuel stations

The damage lithium does to the environment is shocking, watched awhile back on what it is doing to Costa Rica and local inhabitants
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Mike

Post by Mike »

If it is anything like the Mokka wait until it is a year old and buy one for half the original price.

Nobody seems to have come up with a solution yet for charging them if you live in a house with no drive.

Question - if someone was staying at your house and they had an electric car would you allow them to plug it in and use your electricity??
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

4251 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:39 pm About exciting as going to the dentists! Leave it covered up and save us. Won’t sell hardly any.
Bang on and such an ugly beast. Same aerodynamics as a breeze block. Company car only.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
matthen

Post by matthen »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:38 pm Nobody seems to have come up with a solution yet for charging them if you live in a house with no drive.
People keep saying this - I think it will be solved through legistlation: don't have offstreet parking (or a rented offstreet parking space) - you can't own a car. We don't tolerate anything else being stored on public land indefinitely, why do we allow rows and rows full of "parked" cars to be abandoned indefinitely? I don't think it'll be long until the more left wing cities start to push this thinking, and it'll go from there.

As for the synth fuels/hydrogen arguments - they'll be niche, but completely unsustainable for the masses - the round trip efficency (the total amount of energy invested in fuel creation & use that actually turns the wheels of the car), of both are piss poor. An electric motor is likely to be up near 80% efficient. Electricity transmission is over 90% efficent, so most of the consumed energy in an EV turns the wheels.

Synthfuels/hydrogen require burning of the same to transport them and, even ignoring that: synth fuels, 40% round trip efficient. Blue hydrogen, you're better off burning the LNG in the engine, green hydrogen 32% efficent round trip (ie you put 10 kWh into the process, you'll get 3.2 useable kWh back). Neither synth nor hydrogen can compete with using batteries. Yes, the mining is filthy, yes, parts of the 3rd world are being taken advantage of: but to remove our dependency on foreign energy imports, and clean the filthy air that pervades our urban areas they are a necessity

I think it is inevitable electric cars will become mainstream - and the 20 minutes you spend rapid charging every few months will really not seem that bad compared to the expensive faf that is visiting a petrol station.

This Ford however, is about 20K too expensive. When they've sorted that out, people might be more interested.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:38 pm If it is anything like the Mokka wait until it is a year old and buy one for half the original price.

Nobody seems to have come up with a solution yet for charging them if you live in a house with no drive.

Question - if someone was staying at your house and they had an electric car would you allow them to plug it in and use your electricity??
Solutions are here and it's a rapidly moving segment, this is just one idea being implemented.
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... ad-parking

In answer to your question....Yes, if they were prepared to pay what I wanted.... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Sparks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:19 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:38 pm If it is anything like the Mokka wait until it is a year old and buy one for half the original price.

Solutions are here and it's a rapidly moving segment, this is just one idea being implemented.
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... ad-parking

In answer to your question....Yes, if they were prepared to pay what I wanted.... ;)
I think it's a good solution to the problem until you can't actually park outside your own house because some people have 2 cars.
I don't think you can actually say that the road outside your house (terrace) is yours and nobody else can park there.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.
DB74

Post by DB74 »

What happens where you have multiple cars per household? Do you have to have multiple chargers installed. After owning an EV I still believe there are a lot of issues to overcome and charging in all weathers is a big part of it!
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
the radman

Post by the radman »

dont they come up with stupid ideas,that wouldnt work at all,either the cable will be stolen for scrap or someone wont refit the flap properly (its going to have to be opened and closed each time its used as you cant leave the plug end laying in the gutter) it will get full of dirt and crud and someone will trip and sue the council,they will have claims by the dozen
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

DB74 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am What happens where you have multiple cars per household? Do you have to have multiple chargers installed. After owning an EV I still believe there are a lot of issues to overcome and charging in all weathers is a big part of it!
Very much a first world issue. However, do they all go in tandem to the local fuel station for petrol or diesel.... :? :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.