New Ford EV teased

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The first Ford EV to use Volkswagen's MEB platform will be revealed in March before replacing the Ford Fiesta at the firm's Cologne production line around the middle of the year.

Ford Explorer Sport.jpg

The new EV has been kept tightly under wraps since it was confirmed in 2021, but a pair of high-ranking Ford bosses have given the first hints of its design on social media - suggesting a reveal is only a few weeks away.

Martin Sander, head of Ford's Model E electrification division, lifted the covers off part of the Skoda Enyaq rival's front end on Twitter, saying: "Can't wait for 2023 to arrive, when we will pull off the cover of our first electric passenger vehicle coming from Cologne."

Only a small part of the car is visible, but it is already clear that this new EV will mark a step change in the design of Ford's European-market cars. As reported by Autocar, Ford's most successful US-market cars – the Bronco and F-150 most notably – will influence the design of its future global products.

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Exciting times, hopefully a first edition with all the toys Puma EV in 2024. My next car ...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:52 pm Exciting times, hopefully a first edition with all the toys Puma EV in 2024. My next car ...
I think the price is going to be a problem for them. The current one is a ridiculous price at the moment, so it doesn't bode well.
If they don't have a decent range then I'm not sure I'd even consider it yet.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

What's visible from under that cover doesn't appeal to me at all.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

The reveal of the Tesla hatchback at £25k is going to eat into this and the mg success will be a battle if the styling isn’t right and range
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:09 pm What's visible from under that cover doesn't appeal to me at all.
My thoughts exactly.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Sparks wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:02 pm
lightfoot wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:52 pm Exciting times, hopefully a first edition with all the toys Puma EV in 2024. My next car ...
I think the price is going to be a problem for them. The current one is a ridiculous price at the moment, so it doesn't bode well.
If they don't have a decent range then I'm not sure I'd even consider it yet.
Totally agree that the price of the EVs is getting ridiculous with the average price being £10.000 more than their petrol equivalent.
If you can't charge from home, they are getting as expensive running a petrol. Even if you charge at home, the price has quadrupled over the last 6 months.
I will stay with petrol and I'm not interested in an EV at all.
Jiminy Christmas

Post by Jiminy Christmas »

Puma 155 ST Line X Vignale
Metallic Agate Black :D
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Jiminy Christmas wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:23 pm https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/puma ... v-way-2024

Auto Express article Puma EV

Spotted a couple of days after it was published. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=693&p=28365#p28365
Mike

Post by Mike »

As a journalist said recently Ev’s could be the new Betamax.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )