New Ford EV teased

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

A 200 mile battery seems poor to me. That could be a lot less in the winter months. Not for me.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Mike wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm As a journalist said recently Ev’s could be the new Betamax.

What is the alternative without fossil fuels? A magic VHS car … 8-) Mind you I did buy a Betamax, no problem because I changed it for a VHS later on. The petrol fuel car is the new Betamax taking over from the diesel fuel car.
Mike

Post by Mike »

lightfoot wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm As a journalist said recently Ev’s could be the new Betamax.

What is the alternative without fossil fuels? A magic VHS car … 8-) Mind you I did buy a Betamax, no problem because I changed it for a VHS later on. The petrol fuel car is the new Betamax taking over from the diesel fuel car.
Don’t shoot the messenger,
synthetic fuels could be a better way forward, Ev ‘s are less environmentally friendly to produce , then there is the issue of generating the energy to charge them, then the issue of charging for people who park in the street, the cost and area required for charging stations so motorists aren’t waiting hours to recharge etc etc etc.
I don’t think range is an issue for most except maybe a few times a year
I know a lot of these issues will be resolved in the future but probably not in the near future.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Mike wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:44 pm

Don’t shoot the messenger,
synthetic fuels could be a better way forward, Ev ‘s are less environmentally friendly to produce , then there is the issue of generating the energy to charge them, then the issue of charging for people who park in the street, the cost and area required for charging stations so motorists aren’t waiting hours to recharge etc etc etc.
I don’t think range is an issue for most except maybe a few times a year
I know a lot of these issues will be resolved in the future but probably not in the near future.

Synthetic fuels if produced one way can remove co2 out of the atmosphere, use existing infrastructure remember seeing it on top gear and read about it recently
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hydrogen is the way forward, once they master mass production at an affordable price.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

What new vehicle are Ford revealing 21/03/2023 at 12:00?

https://www.carandbike.com/news/vw-meb- ... 23-3205904
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's not a Puma...AFAIK the electric Puma will be produced in Turkey??
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Looks like it could be an ID4 equivalent?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... d-21-march
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Hydrogen is the future I think.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:24 pm

Hydrogen is the future I think.

Being realistic, not in my lifetime.