New Ford EV teased

The place to discuss everything else..
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:49 pm Looks like it could be an ID4 equivalent?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... d-21-march
Looks large compared to the focus behind it, more Kuga sized than Puma sized, won’t be cheap either…

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:08 pm
Stoopo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:24 pm
lightfoot wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 pm

What is the alternative without fossil fuels? A magic VHS car … 8-) Mind you I did buy a Betamax, no problem because I changed it for a VHS later on. The petrol fuel car is the new Betamax taking over from the diesel fuel car.
Hydrogen is the future I think.

Being realistic, not in my lifetime.
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/mirai
https://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/nexo
Not even that far away really....In fact it's here.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Nearest hydrogen station to me is Rotherham, about 220 miles. That also seems to be the most northerly one.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Here's the thing. 50% of houses in England are either a terraced or a apartment. Where are these people going to charge? Yes, public chargers or the few at work. The infrastructure won't be there if they push ahead by 2030. Hydrogen or full synthetic full would be the quickest to use for all. I really don't get why most manufacturers and governments are pushing electric, electric and more electric as the only viable option for the future.
Prices for hydrogen car are expensive but as per electric cars, they would come down as sales increase. I'm sure I've read somewhere that toyota are planning not to go full EV but going the hydrogen way.
Synthetic full is available but costly. Again, if this was seen as a fuel for ICE cars and the cost is reduced with demand and manufacture, again price would be reduced.
So, going back to my point on the future of EVs, why are all government pushing for the one alternative? Makes me wonder.......
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

First pictures of the new Ford Explorer EV have leaked online:

https://www.explorerforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=126

uLgQE7X.jpg

ROccLBx.jpg

liKBE01.jpg

kC9KZdu.jpg

Axgcn63.jpg

9xHYhpc.jpg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:39 am First pictures of the new Ford Explorer EV have leaked online:

Not really new pics.....here's a video review from a year ago....Same vehicle, the launch has been delayed so they are pushing it again.
microbe

Post by microbe »

I quite like the look of the Explorer but having priced one after getting an email from Ford I'm not sure I want to pay double what I paid for my Puma. I am still trying to persuade myself I want an electric car rather than petrol.
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Sparks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm
Rob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:39 am First pictures of the new Ford Explorer EV have leaked online:

Not really new pics.....here's a video review from a year ago....Same vehicle, the launch has been delayed so they are pushing it again.
Yeah my post was from a year ago too...

However Ford have released some information on the improvements made over the last year:

Firstly, it is now on sale

The Explorer "is a better vehicle now than we would have launched half a year ago," Martin Sander, who leads Ford's Model E electrification told Autocar. "We've used the additional time we had to get everything nailed down, to make sure that we're delivering a perfect vehicle to our customers."

The main reason for the SUV's delayed launch was that the battery it was due to use didn't comply with new UN Regulation 100.3, concerning the certification of EV safety, so Ford decided to wait until a new nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) pack became available and re-engineer the car to accommodate it.

That new battery, as well as compliance with the new regulations, also offers a significantly higher maximum range of 374 miles - well above the 311 miles that Ford was originally targeting from the longest-legged variant.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rob wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm
Sparks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Yeah my post was from a year ago too...

However Ford have released some information on the improvements made over the last year:

Firstly, it is now on sale

The Explorer "is a better vehicle now than we would have launched half a year ago," Martin Sander, who leads Ford's Model E electrification told Autocar. "We've used the additional time we had to get everything nailed down, to make sure that we're delivering a perfect vehicle to our customers."

The main reason for the SUV's delayed launch was that the battery it was due to use didn't comply with new UN Regulation 100.3, concerning the certification of EV safety, so Ford decided to wait until a new nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) pack became available and re-engineer the car to accommodate it.

That new battery, as well as compliance with the new regulations, also offers a significantly higher maximum range of 374 miles - well above the 311 miles that Ford was originally targeting from the longest-legged variant.
Yep...Sorry Rob..I was in the middle of reading it all when I took a phone call and got a bit confused when I got back (doesn't take a lot.. :roll: :) )
I noticed the uprated battery, but it's still not above my 400 lower limit range...I'll be happy with that and say around 350 in winter. Price seems to have come down from predicted or am I imagining that?

Post by 4251 »

About exciting as going to the dentists! Leave it covered up and save us. Won’t sell hardly any.