BMW option charges.

The place to discuss everything else..
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Years (decades?) ago I remember having to pay extra if you wanted a radio (usually a Blaupunkt) in your new BMW. I used to joke, next even the steering wheel will be a chargeable option.

It seems its coming true, almost, monthly charging for "enabling" heated seats that will already be fitted :shock: Heated steering wheel fitted, but will cost to operate :shock:

Interesting sales method?

Although, on the other hand maybe BMW have been doing this longer than I realised. A lot of BMWs seem to have had their indicators disabled :lol:
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

You're correct, I bought a 318i in '92 and had to pay extra for blaupunkt 😲 as you say interesting sales route they're taking, don't think they've the same build quality either now 👎
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
chris47

Post by chris47 »

If there was one thing I'd like to see banned its this. Its extremely wasteful to fit something that cant be used, and probably wont be by the majority. It adds weight, materials and is the opposite of environmentalism.

Personally its not something I'd ever use anyway, but once it starts to become important, basic things we would have a problem.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Are BMW struggling ? Or just being greedy now.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

chris47 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:58 am If there was one thing I'd like to see banned its this. Its extremely wasteful to fit something that cant be used, and probably wont be by the majority. It adds weight, materials and is the opposite of environmentalism.

Personally its not something I'd ever use anyway, but once it starts to become important, basic things we would have a problem.
I remember about 25 years ago when the wife had a 2nd hand Mk1 Golf. That particular model only came with one rear fog light. I had to remove one of the rear clusters once and found that the other rear fog light was wired in, bulb holder and everything but they had made a thin plastic moulding strip which prevented a bulb being inserted. A pair of cutters got rid of the moulding in seconds. Bulb inserted....... instant up-spec.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 1154

Post by Deleted User 1154 »

Its absolute madness lol,pay per month for heated seats etc,im glad i have heated seats and steering wheel and dont have anything to pay,which imbecile thought this up guys?
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

When you pay ££££ for a BMW you expect these to be standard , if some fiesta’s and corsa’s get them standard they should be on even the most basic BMW. Money grabbing lot , whatever next ?
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
chris47

Post by chris47 »

It seems that affected cars come with it, but you have multiple payment options. Pay nothing and you dont get it, pay a lump sum and you get it as before, or pay monthly as and when you need it.

Still it should be standard on most BMWs really, but the idea they are a 'premium' brand is long dead, plenty of other so called standard brands are built as well or better and are more reliable and just as much fun.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Expect other manufacturers to follow suit
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe with new cars but surely not retrospectively.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.