Space saver tyre musings

The place to discuss everything else..
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

The rear seats back rests fold down and you can put your luggage there until you fix your tyre, unless you carry people in the rear seats. It would be kind of difficult only if you have the boot stashed with luggage to the top and people in the rear seats, otherwise its an easy arrangement.

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Sorry but rear seats always occupied with something. Getting a 18" wheel and tyre into an already full car just ain't going to happen.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

My £39 ebay purchased space saver arrived today and it does (just) fit flat on the bottom of the megabox. I was pleasantly surprised to find there is still a decent amount of space left in the megabox with the space saver fitted. One thing I found about buying off ebay was that if you searched for "Puma space saver" it always threw up wheels/tyres with 125/90/16 tyres that would fit the Puma but not fit in its megabox. Its the spacesavers for the Focus and Mondeo that seem to come with the 125/70/16 tyre that will fit in the megabox. Of course you do have to double check that the wheel will actually fit on the Puma, i.e. 5 stud, 108 pcd and 63mm spigot. I'm making up a centre piece to hold the jack and wheel brace out of some insulation foam.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, it may pay to check the space saver doesn't foul the brake caliper. There is some reference elsewhere on the forum.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:06 am Vendee, it may pay to check the space saver doesn't foul the brake caliper. There is some reference elsewhere on the forum.
No need, its the same wheel p/n and tyre size as the official Ford supplied bits. The ST may have problems with bigger brake callipers.
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

Do you have the Ebay link for that space saver wheel please Vendee?

I have the 155 model, so is that where caliper fouling may occur?
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Thunderpants wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:44 pm Do you have the Ebay link for that space saver wheel please Vendee?

I have the 155 model, so is that where caliper fouling may occur?
No link because it was sold by a breaker and they don't have any more in stock but other breakers on ebay will sell them i.e.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363485336886 ... R9Km8ZzPYQ

The important thing is the T125/70/16 tyre size (5 stud) which is correct for the car and fits in the megabox. They will probably be advertised as fitting the car it came from, in the case of the link above, a Mk4 Focus but it will fit the Puma and it will fit in the megabox. It will fit on the 125 and 155 engine variants. Not sure about the Puma ST but that's not an issue for you.