Selling advice / experience Motorway, WBAC etc.

The place to discuss everything else..
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Just after a bit of advice- saw some comments on a couple of threads about selling car yourselves to get the best price.

Currently got a Fiesta ST Line X Edition 140 3dr 2020, just under 14k on the clock. Unfortunately after going years without a scrape had a couple of kerbs leap out at me in the past 6 months :oops: so couple of minor scuffs on alloys but other than that in perfect condition.

I did sell a car once years ago through a We Buy Any Car type thing. Was the usual, knocked me down for every little thing. It had a major underlying issue they didn't pick up on, so I was happy to let it go for 1k less than what I could have got to not have any comeback.

Since then just chopped my cars in with Ford dealership when about breaking even and never really looked at the value- just know where I want to be with the new one on payments and once I get to that point I'm happy. This time it's different though, I checked on Motorway and it keeps going up every month! Dealer expected Puma to arrive beginning of Dec originally so based their valuation on where it would be that month (PCP). Autotrader is saying for px about the same £15k but Motorway started a couple of months back at pretty much bang on £16k and has gone up by £200 in that time.

So I guess what I want to know is how close they get to that valuation (considering the kerb rash) and how easy is it? Especially with arranging collection and settling finance?

Thanks
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

If you go through TrustFord (Ford Retail UK wholly owned by Ford), they'll match any WBAC quote plus £100 if you get a new car through them. Also most minor scuffs, dents, and alloy scrapes will come under their fair wear and tear policy as they're able to sort things like that in house before resale.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Thanks, worth bearing in mind though just done a WBAC quote and it's the same as what my dealership were offering. It's £1,200 less than Motorway though, and Motorway don't have any fees. Are they always much higher or do they pitch it high to get the business then knock the price down?
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

We recently sold ours.. got prices from WBAC and Motorway.. WBAC was ridiculously under priced.

Most Ford dealers have a Sell Your Car section on their website now and in the end this is how we did it. I checked a few local ones. The amounts offered varied by around £1500 so it's worth searching around.
We took the car for a quick inspection of the car by the dealer who offered the most, and they confirmed the offer later that day via telephone. We arranged a day to take it in, the hand over was swift, the outstanding finance was settled that day and the excess was in the bank an hour or so later.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Cheers asl3312, nearer the time I might contact a couple of them. My dealership said they would look at it again nearer the time, but looks like I'll have a few options. Seems to be an upwards trend still on 2nd hand going by Motorway valuation
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I recorded this last night. On my radar to watch (whilst I’m looking at what I can order as a replacement). Seeing as though we don’t need two cars, I’d be happy to wait it out for delivery.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 am I recorded this last night. On my radar to watch (whilst I’m looking at what I can order as a replacement). Seeing as though we don’t need two cars, I’d be happy to wait it out for delivery.
Are you selling then Neil?

My old Puma has already been snapped up from the dealer by the looks of things :shock:
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

I got a suprisingly good quote from Cazoo - now if only I knew which year I might get my Puma delivered !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

asl3312 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:20 pm
NeilS wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 am I recorded this last night. On my radar to watch (whilst I’m looking at what I can order as a replacement). Seeing as though we don’t need two cars, I’d be happy to wait it out for delivery.
Are you selling then Neil?

My old Puma has already been snapped up from the dealer by the looks of things :shock:
Toying with the idea but only because of the current value - not for any other reason as I genuinely enjoy the car. I guess it’s greed and taking advantage of where we are to possibly get something new again.

If I were to change now, it wouldn’t be to another Puma as I’d rather keep the one I have. If I don’t change now, I would consider another Puma when mine reaches 3 years old (subject to any unforeseen changes to design/spec etc)
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,