What would you trade yours in for?

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I popped into a Nissan dealer today to have a nose around.

The Qashqai is lovely but too big for my needs. The Juke looks lovely, seems well built inside and plenty of room upfront. I didn’t realise how high up it is in comparison to the Puma (or maybe the Puma is that much lower). Nicely laid out inside and even for the top of the range fully loaded, works out a lot cheaper. Obviously some gadgets aren’t available that come (at a premium) with the Puma

Didn’t take one for a drive or talk much the salesman other than to ask if it’s ok to sit in. He didn’t seem particularly keen to talk or to try and sell me one.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The Juke has a Renault engine.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Is that a good or bad thing? Don’t know much about engines or the workings to be honest.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:40 pm The Juke has a Renault engine.
So do certain Mercedes.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Trade my fiesta in for a puma when I can
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:40 pm The Juke has a Renault engine.
The Renault diesel engines aren't bad.. I've had a couple of cars with the 1.5 K9K engine and they've been rock solid.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS, see my post on page 4 of this thread re Renault.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's not the engines with French cars as much as the electrics. When there is a problem everything is so hard to get to.
...And yes, Nissans are just glorified Renaults now, I used to be a Nissan fan when they were Japanese, but, wouldn't touch one now.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I think the Qashqai still has a Nissan motor but that could change soon if it hasn't already.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Renault and Nissan have been partners for a good few years now. Our car before the Puma was a 2nd Gen Qashqai with the 1.5 DCI K9K engine. Only issues we had with it was the drivers heated seat stopped working which was repaired under warranty, and I changed the battery at approx 5 years old.

With the new model, there is no diesel engine available. Instead it's a mild hybrid in the lower versions and in the top spec model the engine isn't even connected mechanically to the drive train.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys