What would you trade yours in for?

The place to discuss everything else..
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Next door neighbour has the e-kona but I'm not a fan, if pushed in that direction I would probably choose the e-niro, I think it beats it, slightly more space and it also has around 300 miles range (not in winter though) not ready yet to go full electric yet, probably been a petrolhead too long πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue

Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

NeilS wrote: ↑Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:07 pm Anyone thought about the Hyundai Kona or Nissan Juke? Sort of semi compatible to the Puma in size and cost.
Our other car is a late 2019 Kona Iron Man special edition with the 177ps 1.6 petrol turbo and a 7 speed DCT, which has done about 9k miles now. Our Puma is a late 2020 Vignale with the non hybrid 125ps and a 7 speed DCT, which has done about 10k miles now. (Most of the following text is copied from a post I made on another thread a while ago)

The Kona has the edge for the driving experience - nicer and slightly higher seating position, softer seats (with electric adjustment) and more leg width giving the impression of a more spacious cabin (up front anyway). Less harsh ride from it's 18" factory wheels against the Puma's 19s (I believe the Vignale has 18s as standard tho), although the Kona still isn't what I'd call soft. Less snatchy brakes and steering. Kona is quieter on the road too, and comes with a 5 year warranty.
Some other things - it comes with a spare wheel, also a heads up display. The heated seats are quicker and hotter, also has cooled seats (both have heated steering wheel tho).

Puma has better LED headlights (even tho the Kona's LEDs are also good), and much better auto wipers. Adaptive cruise makes cruise actually useable, and the self parking thing is a nice gimmick. Also has heated screen, remote start and global window opening. Puma has a nice modern look inside in general (although the Iron Man Kona has some nice touches - other versions much more meh and sea-of-grey ish). Heated steering wheel is hotter than the Kona's.

From a looks point of view the Puma is really modern looking, but the Iron Man's matte grey and shiny red two tone colour scheme really makes it stand out. Obviously the Kona has bags more power but the Puma feels just as quick and nimble at slow speeds, perhaps the turbo is set differently?

Fuel economy is towards 50mpg with the Puma against about 38mpg in the big engined Kona, although you can get better results with either, driving really nicely.

Would I buy another Kona (or other Hyundai)? Yes I certainly would :)
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Lol, I looked at that edition model as it has my name all over it (it's not Tony πŸ˜‰) looks good but premium price πŸ‘πŸ˜
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm Lol, I looked at that edition model as it has my name all over it (it's not Tony πŸ˜‰) looks good but premium price πŸ‘πŸ˜
The list price of the Vignale Puma and the Iron Man Kona were about the same Β£28k. We bought the Kona at 10 months old with no miles on it for the same price (approx 25% off) as the Puma at 7 months old with 3k miles on it. Much the muchness? Maybe the Kona will lose more but according to WBAC we could get our money back on both at the moment. The worry with the Kona is the matte paint :?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

@alan, I thought it looked really cool when it came out (I'm still a big kid at heart 😲) but wasn't ready to change at that time, it was a very limited edition so I imagine you'll get a big chunk of your money back πŸ‘
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:05 pm @alan, I thought it looked really cool when it came out (I'm still a big kid at heart 😲) but wasn't ready to change at that time, it was a very limited edition so I imagine you'll get a big chunk of your money back πŸ‘
I hope so :) There seemed to be quite a few nearly new ones sitting on forecourts for a while tho so maybe they're not so sought after as we'd like, time will tell I suppose.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

How about the ST Gold Edition? My dealership told me there are some already allocated to them and coming soon!
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:56 pm How about the ST Gold Edition? My dealership told me there are some already allocated to them and coming soon!
It's a bit bling for my taste I think.. now if it was blue that'd be different.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Mine would be the Toyota CHR. Always liked the look of them - someone around the corner has just got one in blue. It was either that or the Puma. CHR has a far more useful hybrid battery but Puma has the bigger boot. In the end it came down to the gearbox. I have never owned an automatic and felt the CVT would be a step too far to get used to. Plus the 1.8 is too slow and the 2.0 engine is rare as rocking horse poo. However, if the Puma gets delayed again then I will look at them again.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Curryhouse wrote: ↑Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:46 am Plus the 1.8 is too slow and the 2.0 engine is rare as rocking horse poo.
Pmsl πŸ˜πŸ‘