Alarm/CCTV

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

asl3312, you can always fit a couple of dummies outside as a visual deterrent.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Haha.

No, wooden shutters on the inside.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 pm Three plus points to add. Cameras inside so no wall mounts required, put them on your window sill. You can turn off the led light and the camera is then hard to spot from outside. No worries about batteries going flat.
Which model EZVIZ are you using?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

One is the mini O, the older one is a C2. Mini O is best, finds the wifi more easily. There may be new models available, mine are a few years old but still function well.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

I’m using Arlo Pro2 cameras and get around 3 months of battery life for each of the cameras. One option is to purchase a spare battery and charge that off camera, it’s just a simple trip up the ladder and swap…
Considering a doorbell camera or additional camera for the front of the house. This hasn’t been protected until now due to building work and a new driveway installation. Haven’t yet decided which way to go.
Another point to consider is which method your camera of choice connects to your internet. This can be direct via wireless, wired or via a bridge. Pros and cons to each…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

NeilS, put the cameras to your upstairs windows and tilt them to your desired view. Unless, like me, you live in a bungalow.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I can see myself getting into trouble sooner or later as I’m finding myself stopping at looking at houses with CCTV to get ideas…….I’ve pretty much decided on Ring with their added subscription.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

NeilS wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 pm I can see myself getting into trouble sooner or later as I’m finding myself stopping at looking at houses with CCTV to get ideas…….I’ve pretty much decided on Ring with their added subscription.
Better be careful, just found this in the Sun online

"A PLUMBER is terrified he will lose his home after being ordered to pay his neighbour £100,000 because his Ring doorbell allegedly invaded her privacy.

Jon Woodard, 45, was told yesterday that he may have to pay Dr Mary Fairhurst the huge sum after a judge found his use of the cameras broke data laws and caused harassment."

Opens up a real can of worms for anyone with CCTV/Ring type door entry systems 😲☹️
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I saw that and laughed. They obviously don’t get on and this is more than just an issue over the use of the product.

I went for Ring and have set up motion detection zones and areas not to record where it impinges on my neighbours.

If any of my neighbours complain, then they won’t benefit of any footage should they fall victim to a crime that my cameras pick up - and I’d turn the camera off before having any discussion with them 😆
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Lol, don't think the plummie is laughing though 😉😁
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue