Alarm/CCTV

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

That’s one of my concerns….I was tempted by the solar panels but I think they’re ugly, the hassle of hard wire or up and down a ladder every month.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:42 pm That’s one of my concerns….I was tempted by the solar panels but I think they’re ugly, the hassle of hard wire or up and down a ladder every month.
Battery life isn't even the biggest down side to battery cameras either.. there's always going to be a delay (however slight) between motion being detected and recording starting, if someone is quick enough then they can be out of shot before it's triggered recording. Signal strength plays a massive factor in this and setting up and positioning battery cameras is a lot of trial and error.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thanks.
More to consider 😆
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Lots of reviews and advice on this site..... https://mightygadget.co.uk/category/home-automation/
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’ll give that a read and give YouTube a rest for tonight.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I use 2 x EZVIZ internal cctv cameras. They are both directed outside through double glazed windows to back and front of the house. Need to turn off the infra red capability and the video quality at night is excellent. The room needs to be in darkness or you get reflection from the double glazing but you can still see what's happening outside. In daylight it's perfect.The app will contact your phone every time a recording takes place if you wish.. They cameras are very sensitive and detect insects, raindrops and swaying branches in the breeze. And of course humans and vehicles, in fact everything. You can have the sound on or off. With sound on you can hear most sounds outside and it will record whatever you select. Takes an sd card up to 128 gb. We've been on holiday and are able to watch what's going on via the app in real time. They are mains operated and easy to use. Set and forget. Try Amazon, there are plenty of choices. Can be used internally and give great results. They are supposed to be for internal use but they are versatile. Lastly there is a good online chat service to assist with any issues.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Three plus points to add. Cameras inside so no wall mounts required, put them on your window sill. You can turn off the led light and the camera is then hard to spot from outside. No worries about batteries going flat.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Good idea. Another curveball to throw into the mix - but I do like that idea. Having shutters may however put a dampener on it.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 pm Three plus points to add. Cameras inside so no wall mounts required, put them on your window sill. You can turn off the led light and the camera is then hard to spot from outside. No worries about batteries going flat.
Cameras being hard to spot from the outside is not necessarily always a good thing though.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I take it you mean shutters on the outside. If so and they are wooden it would be easy to drill a small hole for the camera to "see" through. Might sound a bit naff but could work. I'm sure you'll figure out a solution.