Alarm/CCTV

The place to discuss everything else..
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Do any of you lovely people have any experience of these?

I’m looking at the Ring systems or similar (Eufy get good reviews)

Looking for wireless, easy to set up and low maintenance.

Not protecting the worlds gold reserve, just peace of mind.

Thanks.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

alanp

Post by alanp »

We have blink cameras set up around our house, very good and no problems completely wireless but they do require batteries which last for ages ( at least a year)
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thanks. I looked those but they don’t seem to do an alarm system.

I was hoping to get both an alarm and CCTV that work under the one app/system.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have a basic Ring front door bell with video recording and it does the trick if you subscribe to the yearly cost. I am lucky as it also covers where i have the car parked at night as cant fit the car in the garage due to it being full of gym gear. The app is pretty good and is constantly updated and easy to use to set up what zones you would like monitored.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thanks.

I am leaning towards Ring. It’s always nice to get current owners/users views.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

NeilS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm Thanks.

I am leaning towards Ring. It’s always nice to get current owners/users views.
I have the "Ring Doorbell 2nd gen", it one of the cheapest. Runs on its own battery, but I was recharging it every month or so, so I connected it up to a Doorbell transformer (240vac to 8vac) and it works great. With notification set it let's me know if there is movement sensed. But I also pay so much a year for video to be saved.... £2.50 a month,
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

I've got Hikvision wired but as your looking for wireless I would lean towards Ring. Everyone at work seems to have them and heard no complaints.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

I have a whole Ring system. Ring Door Bell pro, hard wired using the 3-pin plug. Ring Spotlight cam overlooking the drive and our 2 cars. And the Ring Alarm system. All completely fluid with each other through the ring app, and all easy to install (I have no electrical experience at all). I have the Ring protect plus plan which is £8 (otherwise £2.50 per product, so makes sense if you have more than 3 products) a month which is completely worth it as it covers cloud recording for all cameras and the doorbell (4 cameras in total), assisted monitering for the Alarm (it rings up to 3 mobile numbers when triggered), and 4G cellular backup on the alarm if your internet goes down. Also it extends the warranty from 1 year to lifetime, ring customer services are great and will replace any product no questions asked if it's faulty or stolen. They recently swapped one of our cameras which was 4 years old (stopped connecting to internet) for the latest version free of charge. As far as I'm aware too it's the only doorbell on the market that's completely integrated with Alexa, if you have an Echo Show when your doorbell rings the person will appear on the screen and you can talk to them without having to go to the door.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thanks for all your advice, all very much appreciated 👍🏻
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

I have Ring Doorbell 3 Pro and Arlo cameras. The Ring Doorbell is very good, but prone to misting up in cold weather. The Arlo cameras are the original versions, and can be a bit hit and miss if I am honest but do the job. The main issue is battery life and getting the balance been recording lengths, sensitivity settings and motion zones. I get around a month out of my Arlo batteries in the heavy use cameras before I'm back up that ladder :D
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys