Road test of Mustang Mach e.

The place to discuss everything else..
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

So, today I was lucky enough to take a new mustang Mach e out for an hour or so.

It was an extended range AWD first edition in a ruby red colour.

Must say I was impressed!!
Made my ST seem slow and lethargic on the way home afterwards.

A few little gripes with it, front end seemed to Bob up and down on A roads at speed, a little bit like dampers allow too much travel or a van that’s not carrying weight.
Also auto hold on brakes kept grabbing in traffic. In my old Kuga you could be smooth with it, but not in this.
Steering felt a bit numb and devoid of feedback, probably highlighted more after getting out of my car.

Other than that it was nice place to be!
Very punchy acceleration, felt a little nautious afterwards, a bit like having been at a theme park all day. Acceleration is addictive!

I did have a chance to drive a pre production one around a car park a couple of months ago, that felt a little bit like it needed honing. The production one felt much better.

Finally, I saw a face lifted Fiesta ST. It has same cluster as the Puma and no longer has Recaro seats!
It does have Ford Performance stitched on the inner bolsters and are hard to describe, but look great!
Unfortunately the outside was camouflaged so couldn’t make out the bumper revisions.
No Disguising the mean green paint though!
White ST with Performance pack.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sounds like a nice day out.
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

kevmond wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:54 pm So, today I was lucky enough to take a new mustang Mach e out for an hour or so.

It was an extended range AWD first edition in a ruby red colour.

Must say I was impressed!!
Made my ST seem slow and lethargic on the way home afterwards.

A few little gripes with it, front end seemed to Bob up and down on A roads at speed, a little bit like dampers allow too much travel or a van that’s not carrying weight.
Also auto hold on brakes kept grabbing in traffic. In my old Kuga you could be smooth with it, but not in this.
Steering felt a bit numb and devoid of feedback, probably highlighted more after getting out of my car.

Other than that it was nice place to be!
Very punchy acceleration, felt a little nautious afterwards, a bit like having been at a theme park all day. Acceleration is addictive!

I did have a chance to drive a pre production one around a car park a couple of months ago, that felt a little bit like it needed honing. The production one felt much better.

Finally, I saw a face lifted Fiesta ST. It has same cluster as the Puma and no longer has Recaro seats!
It does have Ford Performance stitched on the inner bolsters and are hard to describe, but look great!
Unfortunately the outside was camouflaged so couldn’t make out the bumper revisions.
No Disguising the mean green paint though!
At dunton per chance?
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

Nope, Rayleigh. Its where I picked up my Puma.
I had a moan at someone at Lookers as they never followed up on my road test or New car purchase, so I have another one to try on Friday in Chelmsford.
White ST with Performance pack.