125 v 155

All Ford Puma related discussions
Omen

Post by Omen »

I went for a 125 and I'm very happy with the performance. I do a lot of long distance single carriageway driving and overtaking - pleased to report that even up hills it's a breeze!

Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I have to agree the performance of my 125 is adequate no problems whatsoever with power on or off the motorway
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Nice to hear positive things about the 125,its like the motoring press always write how great the 155 is etc,
Mike

Post by Mike »

I haven’t heard any neg comments about the 125 which has always been a good engine even before hybrid. There is no right or wrong on this I guess it comes down to personal choice, availability and cost. The 155 is obviously got more power which 90 % of the time you won’t need or even notice it is there.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

The 125 is an awesome engine ,I had one in my focus ,that flew,the puma weighs less than the focus mk3,so that should fly too
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My Focus 125 was fine. I loved it. The Puma 155 kicks it’s butt though. Much quicker and more pulling power.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

Is it just mine or is it normal for the electric motor to help when it feels like instead of when it should ? Most times im in second gear moving towards a hill and it wont accelorate nor will the motor help out nor the turbo & other times it just worcs all together. This is all on a 155 in normal mode. Does it need to be in sport mode when climbing steep hills? All of this palaver just to feed my uncles cat every day 😆
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Ha haa..The hybrid can't see hills so it's up to you. When you floor it in any gear and in any mode you'll see a little turbo symbol with one arrow. That's the generator giving you boost. When the little turbo symbol shows two small arrows you're getting full boost from the 48v system. You need to keep the hybrid system fully charged though breaking and coasting as much as you can. Failing that ignore the above and give it the beans...
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

So it chooses the turbo ahead of the electric?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Think of it as a helping hand. When your engine is working hard, the mild hybrid system is working out if it can help by way of an electric torque boost from the energy stored within your 48v battery.