Puma facelift

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Puma facelift

Post by Rizmo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Been checking out some Puma alternatives for our next car. There is plenty of ordinary stuff but Hyundai have released a new model called the Bayon. It looks very good with similar specs to the Puma and it's competitively priced. I like the Puma though and am wondering when a facelift is due. Our model is almost two years old so an upgrade might be due soon. I would delay a decision on a replacement on that basis. Anyone heard any rumours from the trade or perhaps from Ford employees.
Puma ST-Line-X First Edition, Solar Silver

Sparks

Re: Puma facelift

Post by Sparks » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:06 pm

The Bayon is a good looking car and a bargain compared to the Puma pricing. I don't think it will match on performance though (no sport mode!! :o )
Nothing for the Puma on the horizon AFAIK, but, when Sync 4 gets the roll out across the fleet the infotainment system will increase in size and that shouldn't be too long.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition (Manual)...Frozen White.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:20 pm

I would think that the pandemic and massive production slow downs would delay any potential facelift. No point re tooling so soon.

I do quite like the look of the facelifted Arona though. Sharpened interior, 7spd dsg 150ps. I'd be happy with that.

Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Don't know about a facelift yet but there is a media campaign on the limited run special ST due later in the year. Details such as paint, interior trim, decals and even the name can be chosen in a poll apparently.To be revealed June 18th and sold later in the year.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 pm

The monthly sales figures are out for May and the Puma is doing well. After almost ten years at number one the Fiesta is not doing so good. VW and Mercedes were above the Fiesta as was the Corsa. I'm thinking the Fiesta is due for a revamp and this could lead to improvements to the Puma. Design doesn't stand still and all the car makers have to keep up so I'm expecting something in the next six to twelve months. Maybe an all electric Puma for starters.
Puma ST-Line-X First Edition, Solar Silver

FirstFord1972

Post by FirstFord1972 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 pm

4FDA47BE-3033-4546-B296-11B9EC8EF2EF.png