Rejecting the Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Finally had mine rejected, had a call from Ford today. Despite the dealer saying everything had been fixed back in September, they still had my car in for further work. FCE finally got hold of someone at the dealership and asked what faults it went in for. About half way through all 22 items, he said he’d heard enough and decided it wasn’t up to spec. So finally have a rejection. Deposit plus partial refund owing to wear and tear, plus took the three months Covid break last year. Rejected initially in August, complained about the failure to reject in February, upheld in May, complained again, investigated fully and now rejected.

Problem I’ve now got, what do I replace it with?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

Bigal

Post by Bigal »

Linda Turnef wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:26 pm So 4 weeks after the car was checked over at dealership and no problems with battery found the battery warning messages started again. Am so sick of this that I’ve started the process to reject the car- need to know has anybody been successful with this. I’m not hopeful that it will succeed but if you dont try you dont get. If indeed the problem is that I do a low mileage I have asked why I wasn’t informed of this at point of sale. If we can’t reject the car then we’ve accepted that we will trade it in for any other manufacturer on this earth than Ford!! So I need advice from anyone out there who is tech savvy especially with hybrid engines. I certainly wont ever entertain another mild hybrid system but need to know will a hybrid system where you switch from fuel to electric etc suffer from same battery problems if only doing a low mileage? Any info gratefully received
Sorry your having problems with the car but …… pick a car any car and go onto a forum and check the faults they have .. you will never buy another car from any dealer :?
STer

Post by STer »

Spearmint wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:22 pm

A FORD Puma?
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

STer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 am

A FORD Puma?
Are they still being built in Romania?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
STer

Post by STer »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:37 pm
STer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 am

A FORD Puma?
Are they still being built in Romania?
Money talks.
STer

Post by STer »

Linda Turnef wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:28 pm Mike, the battery has been charged three times in last 3 months, the first time it happened I had been on the mainland 4 days previously and driven over 100miles so was surprised when the message came up and all the alarms, radio , locking mechanism etc started to decline. The message appears on the dashboard screen as well as on the app.

What became of this with your dealer?

The thing with forums, people come on and air grievances in a tizzy, then disappear into the ether, not updating the forum, presumably after a satisfactory outcome?
Last edited by STer on Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Don't understand the three battery change. Hard to imagine a dealer would try the same cure three times. They must have explored other possible solutions.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

My fault.... Think I upset Linda.
STer

Post by STer »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:12 pm My fault.... Think I upset Linda.
So you had some sort of words/altercation, and coincidentally the poster drives off into the sunset, maybe 'upset' at someone having a different viewpoint?

Wonder if the poster is a millennial.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:49 pm Don't understand the three battery change. Hard to imagine a dealer would try the same cure three times. They must have explored other possible solutions.
Post said charged three times Rizmo, I'd be worried if three changes didn't solve the issue 😲😉👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue