Rejecting the Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

If it was mine I would try talking to the dealer and saying something like I will buy a better battery and if it solves the issues then I expect you to reimburse me for it. If it solves nothing then I would be aiming to get rid of the car and buy something that is less reliant on the 12v system.

A good heavy duty battery might solve things.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Andi

Post by Andi »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:30 am Haven't used the car for a day or so. Battery voltage at rest is 11.5v

PXL_20210606_054918779.jpg

After my 20 mile commute this morning battery shows 11.7/11.8v

PXL_20210606_062712786.jpg

Still in a heavily discharged state.
Hey WDF, how do you get that voltage reading please. And, have you tried resetting the battery monitor system yourself? I found that my battery was far better after doing this.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Linda Turnef wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:26 pm So 4 weeks after the car was checked over at dealership and no problems with battery found the battery warning messages started again. Am so sick of this that I’ve started the process to reject the car- need to know has anybody been successful with this. I’m not hopeful that it will succeed but if you dont try you dont get. If indeed the problem is that I do a low mileage I have asked why I wasn’t informed of this at point of sale. If we can’t reject the car then we’ve accepted that we will trade it in for any other manufacturer on this earth than Ford!! So I need advice from anyone out there who is tech savvy especially with hybrid engines. I certainly wont ever entertain another mild hybrid system but need to know will a hybrid system where you switch from fuel to electric etc suffer from same battery problems if only doing a low mileage? Any info gratefully received
Have you tried resetting the battery monitor system? Best to do it after charging the battery so it has a good starting point.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Andi wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:49 am
Hey WDF, how do you get that voltage reading please. And, have you tried resetting the battery monitor system yourself? I found that my battery was far better after doing this.
Jump in. Close the door and fasten your seatbelt. (Better to do this as you get door open seatbelt pop ups etc)

Hold down OK button (right on steering wheel) press start button without depressing the clutch pedal.

Keep OK pressed and ET or engineering test menu will appear. Release OK button and cycle through the menus until you find battery status.

How do you reset the battery monitor please?
Andi

Post by Andi »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:16 pm
Andi wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:49 am
Jump in. Close the door and fasten your seatbelt. (Better to do this as you get door open seatbelt pop ups etc)

Hold down OK button (right on steering wheel) press start button without depressing the clutch pedal.

Keep OK pressed and ET or engineering test menu will appear. Release OK button and cycle through the menus until you find battery status.

How do you reset the battery monitor please?
Thanks for that mate, didn’t realise you could do that.

TO reset the battery monitor, best to make sure the battery is charged first, then turn on ignition but don’t start the car. Make sure headlights are on then Flash headlights 5 times, then push brake 3 times (you may have to repeat). Keep an eye on the red battery light in dash, and it should flash. Once it has flashed cycle the ignition and it should be reset.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Crikey…all this flash this, five times, press that once….are you sure your not joining the masons..😆
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Andi

Post by Andi »

alanp wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:54 pm Crikey…all this flash this, five times, press that once….are you sure your not joining the masons..😆
🤣🤣
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:30 am Haven't used the car for a day or so. Battery voltage at rest is 11.5v

PXL_20210606_054918779.jpg

After my 20 mile commute this morning battery shows 11.7/11.8v

PXL_20210606_062712786.jpg

Still in a heavily discharged state.
Or a faulty battery, charging system fault or wrong reading. Have you put a meter on the battery to check if the reading is the same?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Linda Turner, you need to take some pics and also video what's going then show or send it to the dealer. This worked for me when i couldn't prove I had a problem with my previous car, a Vauxhall Mokka X.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

The thing is and from what I've seen is that the onboard hidden diagnosis shows the battery (on my ST Puma) as discharged 11.5volts, where as when using two different handheld meters the reading on one is 12.5v and on the other a simple green light to confirm the battery charge is 75% - 100% okay. I am convinced my battery is good whereas through the cars "clever" gizmo modules it thinks different.
Been out for a run and now neither door will lock / unlock using the keyless entry option
It's booked in next week.