My Journey

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Best bit to me is remote start on a cold morning

So far guard mode seems useless as it rarely triggers for me and my journeys doesn’t seem to work if using CarPlay

Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Stoopo wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 pm Anyone having issues with it not recording? This last week it’s happened a few times and every time I’ve had to reset the recording button.

Must be a glitch somewhere.
Until a couple app updates ago, it would pretty much 100% fail to record any of my journeys in my Dad's Puma, even with the automatic setting enabled. However, after that app update, it has stated it has recorded every journey, but since the last update it has notified me of the latest 2 journeys but does not show them in the app. Did the same a couple weeks ago and the journeys appeared a day later!

The one constant issue has been that automatic setting randomly switching itself off - very useful, thanks Ford :roll:

Finally, don't see the point of Guard Mode unless you are leaving a car somewhere unknown for longer periods. Initially turned it on and was bombarded with 60 notifications for various doors/tailgate being opened whenever the car was used. Tried setting up schedules to only monitor during certain times but still got the notifications outside of the scheduled times, so now switched off :x
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I now put guard mode on at night when it’s parked up on the drive. I then switch it off a soon as I remember (usually after it notifies me I’ve opened a door 🙈

Journeys really hit and miss since the last update. Just been out and it recorded the return journey but not the outgoing one.

Going to Scarbados tomorrow do I’ll make sure it’s switched on before I travel both ways.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

For me the Guard mode alerts actually stop the My Journey recording even if it is turned on! iPhone XS. Once I am in the car I have to delete the alerts and check that it is on to get the journeys recorded.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've had 'My Journey' turned off since day one. Google maps on the phone records any journeys I would want recording (not many), I guess it could come in handy in later life, if I can't remember where I've been.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:51 pm For me the Guard mode alerts actually stop the My Journey recording even if it is turned on! iPhone XS. Once I am in the car I have to delete the alerts and check that it is on to get the journeys recorded.
Interesting! Although the notification messages still come through to say a new journey has been recorded, those journeys haven't shown up in the app for the last week. That also corresponds to the time since I have switched off Guard Mode, so perhaps those parts of the system are messing with each other.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Smartin wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 am
FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:51 pm For me the Guard mode alerts actually stop the My Journey recording even if it is turned on! iPhone XS. Once I am in the car I have to delete the alerts and check that it is on to get the journeys recorded.
Interesting! Although the notification messages still come through to say a new journey has been recorded, those journeys haven't shown up in the app for the last week. That also corresponds to the time since I have switched off Guard Mode, so perhaps those parts of the system are messing with each other.
Not for me on iOS. Guard mode on and journeys record all okay (although it can log me out of the journey recording periodically especially if I use the pro version and go back to the standard app).
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well I went to Scarborough and back today. Not only did it record both journeys but it also charged my iPhone 12 with only one disconnect on the way out.

55mpg too - with one way in Sport and the other in Normal.

For all it’s software niggles it’s still a great car.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

‘My Journey’ is turned on but has never recorded any journeys since I set it up on the FordPass App 3 weeks ago. Not sure if this is a vital function, but if it’s supposed to work, I’d like it to! Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong would be gratefully received.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

SSCosRS wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:23 pm ‘My Journey’ is turned on but has never recorded any journeys since I set it up on the FordPass App 3 weeks ago. Not sure if this is a vital function, but if it’s supposed to work, I’d like it to! Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong would be gratefully received.

I have kicked mine into working again by connecting my phone via USB and opening up the App. I have learnt that by clicking on Apps on the Sync Home Screen and FordPass is showing it usually means it is working and recording my journeys. No FordPass then definitely not working.