Little Things That P Me Off About The Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Wdf76 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm Does the hand brake not apply itself if you switch off without setting it?

My mate is always going on about not touching his handbrake in years. Auto hold when in use and auto applies the park brake when he shuts down.
Maybe on the Puma if it had one..But on the Fiat 500x that's a no. Got out of the car and it rolled away. No damage, it stopped at the curb in a bay. I tried reaching in to flick the switch, with ignition off it did nothing.
It wasn't set on auto brake/hold from new.
Last edited by Rays1 on Mon May 31, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

What's all the fuss about handbrakes? I haven't used one in a long long time. Totally un-needed by me.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Rog107 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 29, 2021 6:46 pm What's all the fuss about handbrakes? I haven't used one in a long long time. Totally un-needed by me.
Ahhh.. you leave it holding on P eh...? Or a brick under the wheel. ๐Ÿ˜„
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

The focus armrest slid forward. Handy very occasionally.

As for the rest - just enjoy the Puma and forget the boring Skoda ๐Ÿ˜‰
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

Wdf76 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 29, 2021 7:02 pm
Rog107 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 29, 2021 6:46 pm What's all the fuss about handbrakes? I haven't used one in a long long time. Totally un-needed by me.
Ahhh.. you leave it holding on P eh...? Or a brick under the wheel. ๐Ÿ˜„
Yep P all the time (must be getting old LOL)
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Armrest is just about ok for me. Maybe could do with another couple of inches (no jokes).

The Focus did slide forward but I found it impeded gear change in that position.

I miss the sunglasses storage so the door pocket will have to do. Itโ€™s no biggie really.

Not tried hill start but I expect itโ€™s similar to the Focus, which I found ok. I much prefer a manual handbrake.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.