Sunroof creaking

All Ford Puma related discussions
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 pm
SW22 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:23 pm Thanks. Hope Spearmint sees this post and gives a reply.
Drop him a pm. He's had a lot of issues with his car.
Front pano roof seal has come adrift for the third time.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

SW22

Post by SW22 »

Sorry to hear that. I was speaking to a bloke from Mercedes about the sunroof, he said it was common for a new build panoramic sunroof to have some niggles and to have some adjustments made within 1st 6 months as it needs to bed in. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but it's not very helpful.
ST Line X, Vignale,155 Manual, Frozen White. All options.
SW22

Post by SW22 »

Ford has had my Puma since 26 July to fix rattling in roof. Been on holiday for week so gave them a call today to see if now fixed........... apparently they think all is sorted but are still waiting for a new roof lining from Germany. The roof linings are not clipped on anymore but are held on by magnets. They seem to think the magnets might not be strong enough. At least we have a courtesy car, a 70 plate STLine Fiesta.
tgNL85

Post by tgNL85 »

So glad that I found this posts! I have the same problem with my Ford Puma. Firstly it was with an opened roof and creakings coming from the middle/back of roof. Now they ' fixed' it only the problem is reversed. Is the roof closed? -> creaks. Is it opened-> no creaks....

Also I have rattles in my front doors and one door handle.

Does anyone [Spearmint and SW22] have the solution for this? You will help me a lot with this. The dealers here nearby in The Netherlands don't take me seriously..
SW22

Post by SW22 »

Since my last post i have spoken with my ford dealer. They have said that they have fitted "anti-rattlle kits" to the car but are still waiting for a new roof lining,, don't know why it needed a new roof lining. At this present time my Puma is still with the dealer (16 days now).
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

That is a ridiculous amount of time. Presume you have a loan car.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
SW22

Post by SW22 »

Yes i do have a courtesy car, its a 70 reg ST Line Edition Fiesta. Spoke to dealer again this morning.
As of 0930 They are still waiting for head lining to arrive. Also getting the usaul battery low warnings via Ford Pass so had a winge about that too. They ssy they will look into it while they have the car. I have bit my tongue and stayed polite but struggling now. Still I've put nearly 600 miles on the courtesy car which is less on my Puma (trying to stay positive).
LordClifton

Post by LordClifton »

@SW22 - hi there did you get your creaky sunroof head lining sorted in the end? I have the same problem on my Puma ST. It definitely sounds like the head lining and not the sunroof mechanism itself. I suspect it’s the rear roller blind. Seems to be coming from the rear passenger side. A mechanic from my dealer came for a test drive with me and tried to convince me it was the rear seat latch, which he replaced under warranty (I really wasn’t convinced) - to be fair he was familiar with the magnet fasteners, but not that they might be the cause. Of course, I picked the car up and drove away and whaddyaknow the creaking is still there. You mention there is a fix kit - did this do the trick? Also, would you mind sharing the name of your dealer as maybe I can get mine (Trust Ford group) to give them a ring. Many thanks.
SW22

Post by SW22 »

Greetings LordClifton. I had a new headlining fitted as it wasnt lining up correctly, apparently the magnets weren't strong enough either. Also the "fix it kit" was for the bli ds as rightly say. Also the B post trim, drivers side, also had a fixing loose and they fixed that Also. It took them at least 8 weeks to sortit out because twice they lost in transit the roof headliner. The dealer i bought the car from is Thinkford Newbury. They were very helpful but some things were out of their hands. Everything is now OK. The sun roof is a great addition to have, although I'm not that tall. Hope this helps.
LordClifton

Post by LordClifton »

@SW22 - thanks so much for responding! That’s really helpful. I love my Puma and the creaky / shuffling blind is the only thing spoiling things. This information should help me when I go back to my dealer. I agree about the sunroof being a great addition - I had one in my previous 2018 Fiesta ST. All best. LC.