Someone on here wanted proof

All Ford Puma related discussions
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

:lol: :lol:

I picked this up yesterday , I could have bought new but I like the toys (especially the B&O system ) I find i have to turn the sound up now I'm getting older :mrgreen:

St Line X (only 125BHP none of the 155s over here for sale :roll: )

Just getting used to some of the tech but have a tech background so I am sure I can break it

mine all mine.jpg

Agate Black ST Line-X with loads of Toys not heated seats though :shock:

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Nice! I had a 125 non hybrid Focus back in 2013. Cracking engine. Went pretty quick and had lots of torque.

Enjoy.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Looks good, same as mine but I have 155, interesting to see what it looks like with the mud flaps fitted.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

Stoopo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:11 pm Nice! I had a 125 non hybrid Focus back in 2013. Cracking engine. Went pretty quick and had lots of torque.

Enjoy.
i hope to test it like an Italian tune ;)
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

Mike wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:15 pm Looks good, same as mine but I have 155, interesting to see what it looks like with the mud flaps fitted.
They were not on it when I bought it at the stealer and was amazed they were fitted before I picked it up after they cleaned it up for me to take. Like you mike not a fan of muddy flaps but they are ok . I looked at removing them but they are drilled so they will stay . Is yours manwell or Auto ?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Dermo ASTX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 pm
Mike wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:15 pm Looks good, same as mine but I have 155, interesting to see what it looks like with the mud flaps fitted.
They were not on it when I bought it at the stealer and was amazed they were fitted before I picked it up after they cleaned it up for me to take. Like you mike not a fan of muddy flaps but they are ok . I looked at removing them but they are drilled so they will stay . Is yours manwell or Auto ?
Manual, 155 st line x with comfort pack. Pulls well especially in sport mode
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

Hi Mike,
When youre selling it I'll buy it :)
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

I know that this thread is getting on a bit, but as a newbie to the forum, I wanted to join in and add my tuppence worth, so please bare with me (newbie-itus if there is such a thing). My ST Line X was delivered to my door on 1 Sep and having had mud flaps fitted to many of my cars over the years, I was keen to fit them to the Puma. I've read the pros & cons in all the threads concerning mud flaps, mostly cons, but I was keen to fit them anyway. My reason is not so much preventing muddy water splashing the sides of the car, as that can of course be washed off. I'm keen to prevent the grit and other debris kicked up mainly by the front wheels from 'peppering' the side sills and the leading edge of the rear wheel arch. I like to believe that cars where I've had mud flaps fitted have reduced, if not stopped, the bodywork from being constantly attacked by road dirt. it certainly worked on an S-Max I had a couple of years ago. Looking at the trajectory of grit thrown up by the front wheels in relation to the bottom edge of the mud flaps, it seems to me that they will provide an element of protection; time will tell, and I'm sure some Puma owners with higher mileage cars may prove me wrong. Due to the short overhang at the rear, fitting mud flaps probably won't be worthwhile; again, time will tell. As I won't be able to assess the effectiveness of mud flaps, owing to the lack of an effective comparison, I'll have to convince myself that I did the right thing!
As the car is still being sold in healthy numbers, I'm sure some new owners like me will look at fitting mud flaps, so I intend including my experience of fitting, as there are some valid points worth making.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Deleted User 624

Post by Deleted User 624 »

I fitted front mudflaps to my Titanium last week. No need to remove the wheels at all. I modified the hole for the wheel arch attachment to use the liner attachment that is already there..saved making another hole! Fitted both in 30 mins.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Vader, the only thing I’d add is that I found the diameter of the push pin studs (not sure what the correct name is) in the kit to be a bit small and didn’t provide a tight enough fit in the hole. I had a couple of push pin studs in my bits and pieces box which had a slightly larger diameter and gave a better fit. Be interested to see if you think fitting them was a good move.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual