prebuyers remorse maybe

All Ford Puma related discussions
tiomain

Post by tiomain »

Posted earlier about trading up. I've just ordered my new puma titanium auto with spare wheel. So its taking a while to get to me. But since then I'm seeing lots of posts about problems!! Water traps, Batteries, etc. Are people still happy with their car? would they still recommend it? Or should I have kept on to my fab fiesta? kinda worried now.
Puma Titanium Desert Island blue

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

No..... I think you've made the right decision. Yes, we've posted about faults on here but they're very similar across the models. You know what to look for and you're forewarned.

Mine has never failed to start, never let me down and some of my issues are just down to me being picky. It's a good car.

Spend sometime lurking on other manufacturer forums to see just what issues owners of other cars are having.

Software, battery and tech issues are rife at VAG and Toyota.

Enjoy đź‘Ť
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Agreed. Most of the problems have been minor and after a bit of chivvying along, rectified by the dealers or members on here.
As said, you won't find a car from any manufacturer without problems.
Your choice is sound, the car is a beautiful drive both around town and on the open road (especially twisty ones :D ).
Stop worrying and get excited...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. đźš·đźšł
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 624

Post by Deleted User 624 »

You will be chuffed with the car, I am. I have had no battery problems and I don`t think you will either as both of our cars are/will be pure petrol without the electric add on bugs!! It is great to drive as well, especially on Sport mode!
robgee

Post by robgee »

Dont forget some us had the First Edition cars and most of the faults seem to be have been rectified, everything is covered by warranty.

Love driving the car and it still turns heads :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
KING PUMA

Post by KING PUMA »

I have a 2021 built auto st line and had it a week and a half and the other half is well happy, I cannot detect when it changes gear, though only keeping it gentle with the throttle at the moment, it is not a partial electric version, pure petrol, it's a great drive, though I would say a little "choppy " for me as far as the ride is concerned, this is compared with my own ride which is a mk1 , 2.5 petrol Kuga for my own use and obviously a little more forgiving in the suspension department due to it's slightly higher stance and wider footprint. I think you will be happy.
St Line Auto. Black.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Yes, I’m generally happy with mine, a few niggles, but nothing serious, just a bit annoying, it’s the dealers I have issues with, mine just doesn’t seem interested although I didn’t buy from them in fairness, I’ll have to try and book it in with the same group I bought from, my problem is I have no idea how to check or implement any updates, I need my traffic recognition updating as it’s a bit hit and miss, as is the boot release, oh, and I have the dash rattle occasionally, but it doesn’t detract from the enjoyment of the car….I also wish I knew how to post pics from an iPad
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Save pics into your iPad and then click on “post reply” not “quick reply”. You will then see the options to add files. Click this and choose your picture to add from your saved iPad photos.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes , happy overall, slight issue with my PDi but all resolved now and the dealer has been pretty good. I purchased mine from stock already in the uk so wasn't able to spec the spare wheel but have since purchased for peace of mind. I am a little surprised coming from a 2.0ltr bmw that my 155 feels as lively as it does even though i am still taking it easy. i test drove a 125 with 19s on which look better in my opinion but didn't like the noise or ride.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
alanp

Post by alanp »

917754A5-9FC2-4495-84DC-C4F63137139A.jpeg

Did it work..?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything