Puma faults update.

All Ford Puma related discussions
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Well, rejection is still being enquired about, but. . . .

Car has been in for 3 weeks and most of the issues have been fixed. Door panels no longer buzz, dash buzz was down to a loose trim in the footwell.

Bumper is no longer loose, gap no longer on the front bumper to bonnet.

They still say headlamp and wings are within tolerance levels and look the same as another model they compared it to.

Securing the bumper and sealing the gap has resulted in the bonnet no longer being flush with the bumper.

I now have a deep sleep issue when whenever you turn the car off, Sync goes straight in to deep sleep.

Had Ford call last week, me thinking it was CRC following up, turned out to be Ford offering me a test drive in an ST, so we got chatting about all the issues I had with my Puma. So now I have Ford sales, Ford CRC and FCE all looking at my complaints.

My major gripe, I took the car in with all these faults last September, took them till now to fix them.

Oh well, really enjoyed the nice quite buzz and rattle free drive home from the dealers today. Let’s see what happens next!
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Kudos to you for keeping on at them. Most would have thrown their toys long before now. 👍
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I did! Tried rejecting the car last August, they reported back the fault had been fixed, but there were 13 faults. The rejection is still ongoing as I complained about their decision back in Feb.

Oh, deep sleep was resolved by resetting the battery monitor. Appears to be working now
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

And . . .

Left the car on 49mpg, picked it up on 33mpg!
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 pm And . . .

You clock the mileage?
Mike

Post by Mike »

did they put any fuel in it ?
Tell them you will have an ST at the same price for all the grief
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 pm And . . .

Just guessing but that probably means they have been running the engine during updates etc. My mpg drops nicely while updating or connected to the home WiFi with the car standing still.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Called FCE, they’re still not accepting my rejection citing they’ve received no new evidence to support my claim.

It spent 23 days in the workshop having faults fixed.

Awaiting call back from FCE as the person handling my case wasn’t available.

Of the faults that were fixed, I use the term fixed in the loosest possible way, the door panel still buzzes. The bonnet was lowered to hide the gap between the bumper and bonnet, now the gap is uneven and the bonnet sits lower than the bumper. Apparently it’s the best they can do.

Gaps around the headlights are bigger than ever, headlamps still look wrong.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you approached the ombudsman service? Perhaps it's time to.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:59 pm Have you approached the ombudsman service? Perhaps it's time to.
Reading through their options and what the requirements are, not entirely sure I meet criteria and whether they can help with the rejection side of things. I’ll see if they have a phone line for advice.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic