Anyone seen anything the likes of this?

All Ford Puma related discussions
reddiamond

Post by reddiamond »

Hi,

Well after a 10 week lead time, got my Puma on the road before the end of March. Love it, great car to look at and great car to drive. So much to do setting it up though, so not finished that process.
Anyway, onto the reason for this post. Although a new build, I decided to see if there were any software or map updates available. Onto Ford site on Saturday and although maps were up to date, there was a software update available. Well, since I am a bit of an oldie, I was a bit apprehensive of the concept of doing this myself. I'm OK with tech, but the thought of messing up a new car was worrying. Anyway, plunged in but didn't get very far. Immediately got an error message saying this feature not available at present, try again later. Tried again on Sunday and got the same error message. First time trying this so not sure if I was doing something wrong. I decided to send an email to CRC to ask if they knew if there was an issue with this routine. Bounce back email said response within 5 days.
Tried again at lunchtime today and it worked. I noted that their files were dated 19/04/21 so I think they had taken the files down because they were working on them. Think I have got this done, anyway it is on a memory stick and I will try it in the car tomorrow. Quite happy with myself, then I got this email response from CRC. Tell me if you think this is an outrageous email for Ford to send out

" Good afternoon XXXX,

Thank you for your email dated 17th of April and for taking the time to contact us regarding your Ford Puma.

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and the issues encountered; however, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us directly.

We are happy to investigate this matter further on your behalf but in order to do so, please can you confirm or provide the following information for our records;

Please can you confirm if you are a Key Worker?
Please could you confirm if you are the registered owner of the vehicle?
Please can you provide the vehicle registration and VIN/chassis number?
Do you lease the vehicle? If so through which company?
Please can you provide a copy of your V5 document as a file attachment (not image) for our records?
Do you use your vehicle for business purposes?
Current vehicle mileage?
Has this issue been looked at or booked into a Ford Dealership? If so when and where?
Did you purchase this vehicle new or used?
When and where did you purchase the vehicle?
Has the vehicle been serviced to schedule?
Do you normally use a Ford Dealership for servicing?
If yes, please specify which Ford Dealership.
Have you had any Ford vehicles prior to this one? If so how many new or used?
Please provide your full postal address?
Could you please provide your preferred contact number? "

Surely a massive invasion of privacy for what was a fairly simple question? Anybody had a response like this from them?

Cheers
reddiamond

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Not on the FBI's most wanted list are you.....? 😆

Perhaps it's designed to not make you pursue your query any further.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Seems to be Ford's standard procedure. Don't know where you stand with data protection on this.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
reddiamond

Post by reddiamond »

Wdf76, feel like I've been tagged as a super hacker! Meant to put in my original post am I over reacting, don't think I am.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I remember i was asked some similar questions as its to do with GDPR
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes asked same stuff when querying an update that has affected radio station symbols. Most of it they will have on record anyway soon as you give them your reg.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe it's proving ownership. Likely no access to DVLA for confirmation.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They don't need all that information. They are just a car manufacturer, you spent a lot of money with them. They have whatever they need on record already.
I wouldn't give them anything more and do exactly what Ford tell you to do if you have difficulty updating your software.....Get your dealer to do it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Overkill but Yup!
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6