Boot Floor clip

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I picked up a couple of bags of sand from a friends house, not a large ones, 20KG each. Anyway I put them towards the back of the boot, almost at the rear seats. In front of them were some other items of shopping etc etc. Nothing of any weight.
On the journey home there was an almighty bang/pop from the rear. I thought at first it was a burst tyre. Anyway inspection revealed it to be one of the boot floor clips at the rear. Not sure why it snapped with such force, the sand wasn't directly over it and there didn't seem to be any movement in the boot floor which was at the upper level. I can only guess I had the floor at the rear sat wrongly. So maybe check your floor before putting any weight in there.
Will it be worth replacing? I doubt it as the whole of the plastic in that area looks like its one piece and Ford will overcharge to change it. I may try super glue for cosmetic reasons as the function of the boot floor hasn't been affected.....Pics show Intact right side and broken left side, I'm holding the clip that snapped... :shock: :(

Inkedboot clip1._LI.jpg

Inkedboot clip2._LI.jpg

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

It would annoy me and I doubt I’d be able to leave it.

If it doesn’t affect the way you use the boot or shelf, the cost would be deciding factor on getting it done. Set a price in your head that you’d be willing to pay before calling the dealer and take it from there?
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NeilS wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm It would annoy me and I doubt I’d be able to leave it.

If it doesn’t affect the way you use the boot or shelf, the cost would be deciding factor on getting it done. Set a price in your head that you’d be willing to pay before calling the dealer and take it from there?
That's the way I'm leaning....I hate having something broken, even when I can't see it.... :x
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I think we should each post what our price limit would be for parts and labour, not what we think it’ll cost as these may differ.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Gorilla glue is good for this kind of job.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'd have to replace it, regardless of cost.... 😬
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm I'd have to replace it, regardless of cost.... 😬
I'll wait until my year convenience check and get a quote. unless it goes in for something before then. Trying to explain it to the dealer over the phone will be a pain and I don't want to have to make an appointment just for them to look at it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm I'd have to replace it, regardless of cost.... 😬
I 2nd that
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Sparks wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm I picked up a couple of bags of sand from a friends house, not a large ones, 20KG each. Anyway I put them towards the back of the boot, almost at the rear seats. In front of them were some other items of shopping etc etc. Nothing of any weight.
On the journey home there was an almighty bang/pop from the rear. I thought at first it was a burst tyre. Anyway inspection revealed it to be one of the boot floor clips at the rear. Not sure why it snapped with such force, the sand wasn't directly over it and there didn't seem to be any movement in the boot floor which was at the upper level. I can only guess I had the floor at the rear sat wrongly. So maybe check your floor before putting any weight in there.
Will it be worth replacing? I doubt it as the whole of the plastic in that area looks like its one piece and Ford will overcharge to change it. I may try super glue for cosmetic reasons as the function of the boot floor hasn't been affected.....Pics show Intact right side and broken left side, I'm holding the clip that snapped... :shock: :(

Inkedboot clip1._LI.jpgInkedboot clip2._LI.jpg
You think a couple of 20KG bags and some odds and end is not a lot of weight when the booth floor is hanging on two points ?
i would always use the lower position with that kind of weight ... my 2 cents anyway
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Megabox is maybe the best option for heavy items.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.