Passenger dash airbag access

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I know this subject has been aired before but haven't seen any practical solution other than return to the dealer. Is the airbag and it's bracket accessible from behind the panel in the attached pic. This will have the air vent ducting attached I suppose. Has anyone removed this trim. trhttps://www.pumaforums.co.uk/download/file.php? ... &id=1389im

IMG20210223115135.jpg

Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I get the occasional rattle from that area now. Even after a supposed fix. I wouldn't like to try and remove that dash section with a live airbag underneath without isolating.

Could really do with an exploded view of the dashboard components from ford e-cat.

Didn't someone say that their aircon pipes were rubbing on the firewall? So it's not just the airbag bracket that may be noisy.

I'll get under the car tomorrow for you and see what I can find. I have the early square box.
Last edited by Wdf76 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thanks Wdf76, Mr Puma has the original Megabox.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Wdf76, Did you have any luck locating the sensor. Apparently there may be two.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sorry Rizmo, I've had a stinker of a day. I'll get on it tomorrow. In the meantime quite sometime ago someone posted an exploded view of parts in the rear area. I think it was in a thread regarding the parcel shelf clip (made of toffee). Have a search if you've time.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thank Wdf76, I'll do a search.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Confused??? is this thread about the dash or the rear?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yeah may be. Rizmo is asking about the dash rattle but I think I've added the location of the tailgate sensor to this thread in error.

My fault. I've had a shocker of a day, that's my excuse anyway....
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 pm Yeah may be. Rizmo is asking about the dash rattle but I think I've added the location of the tailgate sensor to this thread in error.

My fault. I've had a shocker of a day, that's my excuse anyway....
No problem we all have them.....Tomorrow will be a good day.. :D
I posted a link that shows where the sensors may be in the Tailgate thread.... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=895
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.