12v sockets always on? / trickle charger

All Ford Puma related discussions
simesa

Post by simesa »

Does anyone know if the 12v sockets are always on? I don't have anything to check with.

Considering getting a solar charger as I'm having main battery issues as I don't drive mine as regularly as Ford seem to think we should be.. To be fair where I live I don't use the car a huge amount and so would expect some drain, but can't use a mains charger due to where I park the car.

It's much easier to connect via "cigarette"socket but will that even work or would I have to use crocodile clips to the battery or the OBD port.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

They should turn off after about 30 minutes of turning off the ignition
simesa

Post by simesa »

Thanks. I do wonder if they even work given the fact that the car probably draws a chuck of power just sitting there running the alarm and unlock systems, but don't fancy another winter of problems..

Anyone bought one and found it works?
Britton

Post by Britton »

tonyt2021 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 am They should turn off after about 30 minutes of turning off the ignition
This is correct
155 ST-Line X Vignale
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

There is loads of information around the forum on this subject. At a certain voltage the car goes to "sleep". My Puma has been in this position a few times but always starts even after a week or so. I also have the infamous Rombat fitted.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:55 pm There is loads of information around the forum on this subject. At a certain voltage the car goes to "sleep". My Puma has been in this position a few times but always starts even after a week or so. I also have the infamous Rombat fitted.
There was also someone who left it and eventually it gave up the ghost while out and about. You also lose the remote locking facility, which may be needed at some time.
Mine always started when from 'Deep Sleep', but, I'm not sure that's the point.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.