Wireless Apple CarPlay

All Ford Puma related discussions
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

CPlay2 air is what im using. dont know if i should have got the other brand. Its not flawless like wired one. The music cuts off every few minutes for about half a second. The controls on the screen also respond over a second after you press it like pause or forward for example.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Is it possible to merge the to CarPlay threads?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Topics merged :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Although I've not had much use from it, I'm disappointed with it tbh

I get the music cut out, but as my trips are so short they aren't too annoying. More annoying is that at least twice lately it hasn't connected and I've had to unplug the adapter and plug it back in again

Am pretty sure once I start doing longer trips I'll switch to just using a wired connection. It's a shame because it's really convenient to just get in with the phone in my pocket but it's getting annoying
Deleted User 361

Have changed the adapter settings from normal to compatible and it seems much more responsive and don’t seem to be getting the drop outs

Will have to see how it goes on a longer journey though
Zobby

Post by Zobby »

I’ve been using one of these for about 6 months now And rarely have any issues. I took the advice never to upgrade the firmware if it worked ok out of the box and I’m glad I did. Can’t wait till this technology is built into Ford cars as it’s really convenient.
Deleted User 361

Zobby wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 pm I’ve been using one of these for about 6 months now And rarely have any issues. I took the advice never to upgrade the firmware if it worked ok out of the box and I’m glad I did. Can’t wait till this technology is built into Ford cars as it’s really convenient.
The convenience is the reason I’ve decided to give it another go
Deleted User 361

Just upgraded the firmware and also reset the boxes settings which led to it no longer connecting

So was about to throw it in the bin when I decided to delete it from CarPlay on the phone and try to reconnect, which worked

I also don’t seem to be getting the audio issues now so am going to keep using it for now and see how it goes on longer drives

Controls aren’t as responsive compared to wired, but they seem just about quick enough so as not to annoy me
mlewington

Post by mlewington »

Hi Guys. Sorry - this a newbie question!

My Mrs has just bought a 2020 Puma (lovely car!!) and wants Wireless Carplay. I bought the CPLAY2air adaptor (after looking at this thread) but cant seem to get it to connect. I'm trying to "hide" it in the armrest where there is a USB-C socket. is this wrong?

Any advise would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Zobby

Post by Zobby »

That’s what I’ve done. Do you get the loading screen on the cars display? If so and you have Bluetooth and WiFi enabled on your phone you could just need to search for the CarPlay device on Bluetooth on the phone and then it should ask if you want to use the device for CarPlay. That’s usually all you need to do.