Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

LittlePuma wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:43 pm I read on the Varta page, one can swap a AGM type over the EFB.
Maybe, maybe not...

Screenshot_20220306-152156.png

https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/agm-batteries/

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Ask Varta :)
They write to enhance the battery performance you can swap it for a AGM one type.
It's not my opinion, it's their consideration.
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

If my car ever turns up, I might.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am Yes they flashed every module update availability evidently. I guess the 48v just ran flat whilst in their care.
The 48 volt battery would be ok. It's the flash procedure on the ECM that would have inhibited for the first few drives.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

I find it quite alarming that people here with cars less than two years old are talking about which battery charger to buy. Yes I do own a charger but its over 20 years old and I don't think I've had to charge a car battery for about 15 years. I generally find I can get about 6 years from an original battery before it needs replacing.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Totally agree.

As long as mine is under warranty, I won’t be touching it. That’s Fords job should it need.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

me too (Italy) yesterday I've found the Puma "died". now I'm charging the battery but I think I have to swap it... the day before was working like a charm
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

I agree to a point, Ford seem to be taking two/three days to charge peeps batteries and update modules?, I don't want to lose my car for that long and to find that it hasn't resolved the issues.
Re the battery charger, I definitely wouldn't recommend using a twenty years old unit, modern cars, sealed maintenance free batteries and energy hungry smart cars require more "consideration" but each to their own to coin a phrase. 😉🙂 Hopefully Ford can soon find a solution 👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

Marcusfofo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:31 pm me too (Italy) yesterday I've found the Puma "died". now I'm charging the battery but I think I have to swap it... the day before was working like a charm
Ciao @Marcusfofo... can I ask, what make is the battery?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

wgtwiddle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 pm
Marcusfofo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:31 pm me too (Italy) yesterday I've found the Puma "died". now I'm charging the battery but I think I have to swap it... the day before was working like a charm
Ciao @Marcusfofo... can I ask, what make is the battery?
The battery make is irrelevant to the problem. It's a software problem that Ford have or have not yet sorted, they have a tech bulletin out about it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.