Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well I’ve just driven 100 miles from York to Walsall. No wipers or lights but air con on at 20c.

Parked up at 6pm.

9pm deep sleep notification.

These cars just don’t charge the battery do they?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

I had the issue on my ST, car went in for a check, software update & battery recharge, they had it for 3 days! Then one or two months later the issue strikes yet again. So back in the dealership for another 3days.. The result a new Battery fitted under warranty, which I am pleased to report problem solved (for now). I guess wait n see what happens this coming winter!!!!
By the way never ever allow stop/start.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:51 pm Well I’ve just driven 100 miles from York to Walsall. No wipers or lights but air con on at 20c.

Parked up at 6pm.

Is that the old battery notification that we all had trouble with? Or, the 'Remote features disabled' one?

20C air con in this weather!!!??? That's my winter setting........... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:49 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:51 pm Well I’ve just driven 100 miles from York to Walsall. No wipers or lights but air con on at 20c.

Parked up at 6pm.

Is that the old battery notification that we all had trouble with? Or, the 'Remote features disabled' one?

Conserve battery.....it simply shuts down, radio, in part keyless entry and app messages.
Having said that it never let me down on starting...no matter how long it had been standing.
Last edited by Rays1 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:21 pm I had the issue on my ST, car went in for a check, software update & battery recharge, they had it for 3 days! Then one or two months later the issue strikes yet again. So back in the dealership for another 3days.. The result a new Battery fitted under warranty, which I am pleased to report problem solved (for now). I guess wait n see what happens this coming winter!!!!
Stop start runs off the 48v battery not the 12v. Anyway we didn’t stop at all on the M1 or A1 😏
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:49 pm

Parked up at 6pm.

Remote features are switched off due to the battery issue. So both, as Sparks says.

New battery last Sept. Was fine until around April when I did another long trip and the same issue popped up.

It seems worse after long runs for some reason. I think this is the third time since the new battery and once again after a decent drive.
Last edited by Stoopo on Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Stoopo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:21 pm
Rays1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:21 pm I had the issue on my ST, car went in for a check, software update & battery recharge, they had it for 3 days! Then one or two months later the issue strikes yet again. So back in the dealership for another 3days.. The result a new Battery fitted under warranty, which I am pleased to report problem solved (for now). I guess wait n see what happens this coming winter!!!!
Stop start runs off the 48v battery not the 12v. Anyway we didn’t stop at all on the M1 or A1 😏
Not on an ST it doesn't... The ST isn't a hybrid.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:28 pm
Stoopo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:21 pm
Not on an ST it doesn't... The ST isn't a hybrid.
I know that but as you can see mine is a 155 ST Line X.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

As I can't connect to the Fordpass system, how will I know if my car has gone into "deep sleep" ?
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I’m just wondering now.

The last two times this has happened it’s been after a long run and both times I used Sport mode at least 90% of the way.

Now as we know, in Sport the 48v battery is charged much faster as it’s used more. Could it be at the expense of the 12v getting charged?

I’ve just checked both apps and the message from Wednesday has disappeared. Yesterday we drove locally for about 6 miles each way. No issues.

Today we go home. I’ll try Sport again and see what happens when we hit York. It will be the reverse journey with the same car settings.