Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Deano wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 pm
Rays1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:24 pm
Rizmo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 pm Rays1, has the dealer update the relevant module (s)?
Can't answer that just yet, but will ask once I get to collect my ST.
Can I ask when your st was built please. Thanks
November 2020 very early build

Stez21

Post by Stez21 »

Just to provide an update on my issues, I used Ford assistance and got the car recovered back to the dealer. They have had it since Monday and have been trying to find the problem. They have called today to say they have now had to go through Ford technical as apparently it is a new problem with the software (something to do with the start up - it was my wife who took the call so I am not 100% sure on what they said) but apparently there isn’t an update for this. They said they have another car in presently with the same issue. They can’t say how long it will take to get an update and still don’t believe it is anything to do with the battery. This is the third time they have had it in just over 2 months with low battery issues and so far it has spent 11 days of my short ownership back with them. Just hope they can sort it asap as this aside I really do like the puma.
Puma ST line x first edition desert island blue
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:46 pm My ST was back in with dealership 'again" on Monday, it's now Thursday. Ford have finally agreed after extensive vehicle testing into having a new battery installed under warranty. So I may see it back home today or maybe tomorrow. Can't fault the dealership however they have worked their butt off in trying to resolve the issues..
So a new battery eh, will it finally fix the issues, only time will reveal that?
So ST back now, 5 days later.
Extensive testing and new Battery installed.
Apparently a software reconfigure also and PCM (power control module) checked/updated.
They also realigned headlights re the automatically high beam which was working intermittently on and off and not working at all in heavy rain. Can't fault the dealership, courtesy car and spotlessly clean ST when I got it back.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rays1, who and where is your dealer, if you don't mind me asking.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:29 pm Rays1, who and where is your dealer, if you don't mind me asking.
Evans Halshaw, Preston.
They do know me, having been part of the RS owners Club and brought a number of cars from them over the years. But credit where it is due I think.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

NeilS wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm Who offered you that Stoopo?

Cheers
Motorway
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 pm
NeilS wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm Who offered you that Stoopo?

Cheers
Motorway
They are offering silly money, still 3 grand more than I paid for it new 18 months ago. :o
sorry for thread drift.... :oops:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Ta.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
nicktoon100

Post by nicktoon100 »

hi
when i lock my puma with key fob,after about 5mins i get a massage on my fordpass app that i cant use remote access to conserve my battery,
does that mean i have a fault with my battery as though its not keeping charge.
thanks
nick
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

nicktoon100 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:14 am hi
when i lock my puma with key fob,after about 5mins i get a massage on my fordpass app that i cant use remote access to conserve my battery,
does that mean i have a fault with my battery as though its not keeping charge.
thanks
nick
Hi Nick, this is well documented on here, the dreaded "Sshh deep sleep" message, seems to be caused by faulty batteries and software issues, I've charged mine up 2/3 times overnight with a smart charger, last message I got was in November, so seems to be ok for now 👍🙂
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue