Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mike

Post by Mike »

well since the other day when i was getting messages all day saying my car was saving battery and some functions wouldn't work i used it once on sunday and it has been parked up all week and not a murmur which is great ( probably going to start again now sending me messages)
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well mine has been parked up since Thursday after a few decent runs this last week. This morning, as I went to start it, I got the message that sync was shutting down to save power and the sensors went into quiet mode.

It was fine after a few miles and I had no info on the app like I did before I got the Varta, but it’s worrying when we are parking it at Manchester airport for five weeks next month.

Hopefully it holds out 😟
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just been and checked the battery and it’s at 11.7v and 14.5 when running. I’ve switched off the auto updates again. Not sure if that’s a drain or not.

Interesting that the same issue is mentioned in Sun Motors today. 😱
Last edited by Stoopo on Sun May 08, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

6FEF35F1-66E2-4081-97EF-EF9BD0EF84A2.png

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Poor connections on the hybrid battery sounds dangerous. At 11.7V after a couple of days I would be investing in a little lithium car starter and leaving it in the glove box when parked at the airport, you know just in case!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Check out my January post in this thread.https://www.protoolreviews.com/tacklife ... ter-review
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

There are loads of these starters on Amazon. The one I bought will hold a full charge for months and will easily kick over any Puma engine.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well we are using meet and greet so I assume they will get the car started for me. I just hope they know how to open the doors if the remote won’t.

I’m not over fussed if it goes into sleep mode whilst I’m away. In fact that’s what it should do I think. Hopefully shutting everything down will preserve the battery.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Stoopo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:11 pm Well we are using meet and greet so I assume they will get the car started for me. I just hope they know how to open the doors if the remote won’t.

I’m not over fussed if it goes into sleep mode whilst I’m away. In fact that’s what it should do I think. Hopefully shutting everything down will preserve the battery.
Probably a stupid question, but how do you unlock the doors if the battery is dead ?
Getting my new Puma next month, and this whole battery situation is making me wonder if I have made a mistake.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Wowzz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:02 pm
Stoopo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:11 pm Well we are using meet and greet so I assume they will get the car started for me. I just hope they know how to open the doors if the remote won’t.

Probably a stupid question, but how do you unlock the doors if the battery is dead ?
Getting my new Puma next month, and this whole battery situation is making me wonder if I have made a mistake.
Go retro and use the key.