Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Why on earth should you require a Battery Charger with a new car? The issue is with the Charging system and at some point it surely Must be sorted out by Ford? But I guess if owners keep believing it's their issue Ford will let them.

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Of course, if I'll get any trouble with my battery, that's what I'd do.
It's just to have a proper one for the future. My actual one is not compatible at all.
Battery needs care anyway
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

haha. Your charger gives out only negative electrons or something? If it's 12 volt it'll do just fine.

If you really want to splash some cash then get a CTEK charger:
https://www.ctek.com/uk/battery-charger ... ar-charger
sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

Oh no!! I have to admit that all of these comments about the Puma battery have been getting me a bit worried, even though the current pushed back date for delivery of my car is now 20 Feb 2022 (St Line X 125 plus Assistance pack Fantastic Red ordered 31 Aug 2021). So the other day I bought a lightning deal on Amazon Prime of one of those hand held battery "Car jump start" gadgets in readiness. I,m now ready for anything !! Hope I never have to use it, even though it might come in handy for charging my ipad!!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Check this out. Bought it 3 years ago and I check it every few months. One full charge lasts a year in stand-by mode and will also charge mobiles, tablets, laptops and other stuff. Capable of kicking over large petrol and diesel engines. https://www.protoolreviews.com/tacklife ... ter-review.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

sfootboy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 pm Oh no!! I have to admit that all of these comments about the Puma battery have been getting me a bit worried, even though the current pushed back date for delivery of my car is now 20 Feb 2022 (St Line X 125 plus Assistance pack Fantastic Red ordered 31 Aug 2021). So the other day I bought a lightning deal on Amazon Prime of one of those hand held battery "Car jump start" gadgets in readiness. I,m now ready for anything !! Hope I never have to use it, even though it might come in handy for charging my ipad!!
If it gives you peace of mind it's worth having, but, although I had the messages early on in ownership nothing actually happened and I was never stranded.
Mine was reconditioned and the dealer did some software updates (unknown) and it's been fine ever since.
I've not bothered with a battery charger, the car comes with Ford Assist (AA), in the remote event anything did happen, they'll get called.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My Rombat lasted about a month from new before the deep sleep warnings arrived everytine I started the car. I did an 18 hour trickle charge a couple of weeks ago and there have been no warnings since. My Puma is now 6 months old and does about 200 miles per week. so I didn't expect to be having to charge the battery so early on.

That said, if the electronics are busy whilst the car is not being used, I guess it's understandable and going into sleep mode just ensures that a car will start in the morning.

If you don't do a very high mileage or do a lot of short trips, the battery charge level is always going to get weak, particularly in the winter. Apparently, you need to drive around 7 miles to replace the the amount of charge used to start the car from cold.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

We travelled to Leeds from York yesterday to test drive a Hyundai Ioniq5 EV.

Whilst sat waiting for my son to turn up we had the radio on and after around ten minutes I got the message that it was shutting down to preserve the battery.

I think that’s normal on the car and have had no deep sleep warnings since my Rombat was swapped to a Varta back in August.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:07 am We travelled to Leeds from York yesterday to test drive a Hyundai Ioniq5 EV.

Whilst sat waiting for my son to turn up we had the radio on and after around ten minutes I got the message that it was shutting down to preserve the battery.

I think that’s normal on the car and have had no deep sleep warnings since my Rombat was swapped to a Varta back in August.
That's the normal procedure for the car, in my last car (Fiesta Active) the timer was set to an hour. Not sure if this is something that could be changed via Forscan or not.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am
Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:07 am We travelled to Leeds from York yesterday to test drive a Hyundai Ioniq5 EV.

That's the normal procedure for the car, in my last car (Fiesta Active) the timer was set to an hour. Not sure if this is something that could be changed via Forscan or not.
Correct I think. My Focus was either that or half hour. Mind you it didn’t run the modules the Puma runs.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.