Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

alanp wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:12 pm
Rizmo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm Battery conditioning takes a day or overnight. The dash rattle, if it's the airbag bracket can't be more than a few hours. So why a week to a month. Don't know about you but that seems excessive.
They also highlighted a leak from the ppf, it actually says the weld is seeping, I can’t remember but the mrs seems to think they said the engine has to come out, but that can’t be right..?…..can it..?
I think they said the pcm module?? Wasn’t talking to another module, so they’ll be sorting this as well, tbh, there was so many things they said they are doing , I can’t remember it all…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

ppf, what does that stand for.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Petrol particulate filter
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Stez21

Post by Stez21 »

Hi

I’ve recently purchased my 2020 puma st line x first edition and have been reading this post with interest, as 6 weeks into my ownership I had the power save and deep sleep messages via the app, and the door unlocking/radio shutdown symptoms. The build date was feb 20 and has the rombat battery.

It has been back to the dealer twice, both times they have charged overnight and done varieties software and module updates. Then days later the problems come back.

It was supposed to go back in on the 5th Jan but the “master” technician has been off with covid and apparently he is the only one that can look into the issue further. It is currently booked to go back in on the 26th Jan.

Today I had a notification saying the alarm had been triggered due to unauthorised entry (but the alarm hadn’t gone off). I checked the car when I got this and the key fob wouldn’t unlock the car, I eventually opened the door manually with the key and there was no power at all to the car, the dash doesn’t come on, the interior light doesn’t even come on and nothing happens when I push the start button.

I tried to ring the dealer but no one was able to help so I have to call back Monday morning. Just wondering if anyone had experienced a complete power failure like this?

Steve
Puma ST line x first edition desert island blue
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Hi, I think it's just because of the low battery status.
You can mimic that by closing yourself inside the car with the remote controller /fob.
If you press the ignition button nothing will happen. Then if you unlock the car the same way the ignition and everything starts to have normal function again, if you have a good condition battery.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

If you still have Ford Assist, I’d call them out and let them document the problem and check the battery,

That way you’ll have written proof of the issues when it does go back in.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

Ha Ha!! All of these battery problems is beginning to make me wonder whether the reason my built and released new Puma which has been sitting in Craiova for the last 5 weeks, is that the Rombat battery has gone flat and they are unable to get it on the train!!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Not so, my recently delivered Vignale started first time and continues to do so even if i leave it five days. It's a Rombat but my feeling is some module upgrades have solved this problem.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Which specs does a modern battery charger need?
I need to get one myself, (I have an old type which is of course not compatible for modern cars).
Then is it still possible to take the battery out of the veichle without creating issues later after putting it back recharged?
I'd get one that is both maintener and recharger.
Thanx
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

LittlePuma wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:46 pm Which specs does a modern battery charger need?
I need to get one myself, (I have an old type which is of course not compatible for modern cars).
Why do you think your old charger is not compatible with the Puma lead acid battery?
It's AGM batteries which need a different charger and the Puma does not have a AGM battery.