Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Pops's Puma wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:22 am Dont have my puma yet - April hopefully, but im shocked by some of posts read of dealers saying take it dor a long drive. Batteries should be good for a a couple of years even with short only trips that many people do. Never had a problem with any car battery before. Has anyone had battery replaced themselves or got AA RAC to do it - obviously not free but interesting to know if that cured it for them and issue simply crap batteries ford are supplying? Hoping any issue is resolved before mine comes though but reliability is what you expect from cars not a lottery that it may start because you not driven it for 5 days.
The good news is my car has never failed to start. Plus the 12v batteries are covered by a three year warranty.

Mine was swapped because I have a very good relationship with my dealership. I think after four cars they realise I don’t complain without good reason.

The Puma has niggles - battery. Muck gets under the rear door seals - not into the car but the door bottoms get filthy. Inside paint on my skirts has chipped a bit. They are fixing that. Disc brakes I’m not sure about. I’ve brought the issue to the dealership but they said they are fine. I’m just keeping an eye on them really.

Having said all that I love the car and would buy another tomorrow. The way it drives, the economy, the boot space and the interior finish are all excellent. Plus hopefully the newer ones will have a few of the above issues sorted.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Pops's Puma

Post by Pops's Puma »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:04 pm Same as Rizmo . Mine has never failed to start.
Good to know - thanks for those you replied same as eqsed some concerns my £23k not misplaced. Im less worried about messages in ford app etc as may not bother with that as long as car is reliable starting etc as you need confidence it will start. Just hope i get a build date soon.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Pops's Puma wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:25 am
Stoopo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:04 pm Same as Rizmo . Mine has never failed to start.
Good to know - thanks for those you replied same as eqsed some concerns my £23k not misplaced. Im less worried about messages in ford app etc as may not bother with that as long as car is reliable starting etc as you need confidence it will start. Just hope i get a build date soon.
Which model level are you getting? Mhev?
Pops's Puma

Post by Pops's Puma »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:42 am
St line x mild hybrid
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

My ST was back in with dealership 'again" on Monday, it's now Thursday. Ford have finally agreed after extensive vehicle testing into having a new battery installed under warranty. So I may see it back home today or maybe tomorrow. Can't fault the dealership however they have worked their butt off in trying to resolve the issues..
So a new battery eh, will it finally fix the issues, only time will reveal that?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rays1, has the dealer update the relevant module (s)?
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 pm Rays1, has the dealer update the relevant module (s)?
Can't answer that just yet, but will ask once I get to collect my ST.
Deano

Post by Deano »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:24 pm
Rizmo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 pm Rays1, has the dealer update the relevant module (s)?
Can't answer that just yet, but will ask once I get to collect my ST.
Can I ask when your st was built please. Thanks
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Pops's Puma wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:06 am
Stoopo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:42 am

St line x mild hybrid

Good choice 😉

I was offered £23k for my Oct 20 model last week. It’s the 155bhp with winter pack and driver assistance pack. Love it.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Who offered you that Stoopo?

Cheers
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,