Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:30 pm Is it just the message that it's shut down to save energy, but comes to life as soon as you turn on the ignition? Or, does it not come on once turned off?
It’s happened about four times since March and every time after the car has been parked up for a couple of days. The message comes up just as sync is powering up.

Twice the bleepers have changed tone and Saturday the battery was down to 11.2v.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Smartin wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:32 pm
Chocky wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:56 am
Smartin wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:00 am Want to try charging the battery. I have a Ctek MXS 5.0 that I use to top up the AGM type battery in my car, but not sure whether the Puma battery is an AGM type or need to put the charger in standard mode.
The standard battery is not a AGM. Put your CTEK charger in standard mode, plus recon if you have that option. If start stop is not working go back to the dealer and try complaining.
Thanks. Will see if the stop/start comes back to life after we’ve given the battery a charge up first.

I read that you could get into a “secret” engineering mode that would display the battery voltage and got to the top level menu but didn’t know which options to choose to get it to display the battery result and didn’t want to go randomly clicking away😄, especially as it’s not my car! Standard dash display, rather than the fancier digital one, if that makes a difference
Went to use my Ctek charger on my dad’s Puma’s battery and couldn’t get the mode button to work and switch it away from AGM mode🙁 Then tried an older Ctek I had lying around and the mode button didn’t work on that, either🤬
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:43 pm
Sparks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:30 pm Is it just the message that it's shut down to save energy, but comes to life as soon as you turn on the ignition? Or, does it not come on once turned off?
It’s happened about four times since March and every time after the car has been parked up for a couple of days. The message comes up just as sync is powering up.

Twice the bleepers have changed tone and Saturday the battery was down to 11.2v.
Yep, it happens to mine occasionally as well, maybe once every couple of months or so and for no apparent reason. However, I just ignore it now as it has no affect on the use of the car. The change in beeper tone (to rapid pips) also happens occasionally, but, not always in conjunction with the power message.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I would probably ignore it too if I wasn’t parking it up for five weeks. Anyway a condition and recharge won’t go amiss I guess? Then after the hols I can arrange for the paintwork sorting and hopefully the rear discs. I’ve been promised free mudflaps too.

Annoying that the great person I was dealing with has gone off sick. Hope she’s back when my holiday is over.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Friends came round yesterday and asked where my car was. I told them it had gone in for the battery to be conditioned.

They have a 69 plate Volvo V40 diesel and have had loads of issues with their battery since they got the car from new. Stop/start hardly works and their sync equivalent is always shutting down to preserve the battery.

So it’s not just Ford having these issues.

Mine’s back now. Hopefully it behaves now.
Ddraig

Post by Ddraig »

Mine has gone in today after this problem steadily got worse over the last few months, just had a call to pick it up, they said it needed a software update, Ill keep you posted.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Stoopo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:50 pm Friends came round yesterday and asked where my car was. I told them it had gone in for the battery to be conditioned.

They have a 69 plate Volvo V40 diesel and have had loads of issues with their battery since they got the car from new. Stop/start hardly works and their sync equivalent is always shutting down to preserve the battery.

Think it is generally a stop start battery issue
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:50 pm Friends came round yesterday and asked where my car was. I told them it had gone in for the battery to be conditioned.

Think it is generally a stop start battery issue
Not sure because I can have a long drive with hardly any stop start, park up for two days and the power save comes on.

I think it’s either a power drain or a charge fault.

I’m three weeks into my hols and nothing on the app yet. Long May it continue.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Spoke too soon 🤣🤣

7EFA44FC-BC67-4C41-8C91-B0803E4C4890.png

Gavlarr1

Post by Gavlarr1 »

My old EcoSport had this issue, came out of the blue too, went back to Ford in limp mode and they sorted it. I suspect it was a dodgy battery or something was draining it. Now have my puma and hope the issue doesn't come back