Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Phone call this morning - they have changed the battery for a new one.

Am collecting it later and will see if that is the case.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

The Rombat was charged then tested and apparently failed whatever threshold test they do. The dealership got their fault code and this subsequently allowed them to change the battery under warranty

I now have a Varta. Let’s see what happens now.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Good luck with the new battery although I'm convinced it's only part of the problem. It appears all the latest Pumas have the Rombat so when my car arrives I'll monitor the charge. Quite a few have been replaced under warranty so surely Ford are taking note. Despite rumours there is still no sign of a recall.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Absolutely.

I did ask whether the duff battery was as a result of a fault found/caused elsewhere or just the case of a weak/faulty battery. I was assured it was isolated to it being isolated to a battery problem.

Take from that what you will 🤷‍♂️
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe the dealers have had an instruction from Ford on how to respond to the Rombat question. They do not want to be inundated with dud battery claims. I'm suspicious. This issue has been going on since day one seemingly.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I got the impression they were aware but couldn’t/didn’t want to admit it.

That said, I’m just happy and grateful to them for the change and hope it sorts the issues.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

OK. My motor has just been for its £20 winter check. Everything spot on and the battery is showing “very good” at 12.36v according to their Ford approved Midtronics Tester.

I’ve been on mostly short trips this week and the heated seats and steering wheel have been used quite a bit.

I guess the dash battery indicator is lower due to the pull on the battery once the car system is booted up. I rarely got above 11.7v

Hopefully things stay “very good”.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

My Puma ST has suddenly gone from bad to worse
(The low temperatures. I suspect).
Was having to put up with just Sync (Audio) switching off in a matter of seconds, but now passenger door will not open keyless and getting repeated messages on the App "car shut down"
So much for the 'fix' that Ford did during the summer...so here we go again, going back into the dealership. Battery re charge and a refusal to knowledge the problem will be the result I suspect?
What I want to know, has anyone found their Puma will not start... anyone?
Last edited by Rays1 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:46 pm My Puma ST has suddenly gone from bad to worse
Was having to put up with just Sync (Audio) switching off in a matter of seconds, but now passenger door will not open keyless and getting repeated messages on the App "car shut down"
So much for the 'fix' that Ford did during the summer...so here we go again, going back in to the dealership. Battery re charge and a refusal to knowledge the problem. Will be the result?
What I want to know, has anyone found their will not start... anyone?
Varta or Wombat?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:15 pm
Rays1 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:46 pm My Puma ST has suddenly gone from bad to worse
So much for the 'fix' that Ford did during the summer...so here we go again, going back in to the dealership. Battery re charge and a refusal to knowledge the problem. Will be the result?
What I want to know, has anyone found their will not start... anyone?
Varta or Wombat?
Yep Rombat, it is a very early ST (Nov 2020)