Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:38 am You can turn it back on though...
Yes you can. It’s just a fail safe.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Hunbob wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 am Had the same problem eventually went to customer service who agreed to change to Varta battery and now everything works fine even things like the foot boot opener which had never worked properly. In the end my old battery was discharging overnight, fortunately mine did it while at the dealer being checked so they couldn’t argue. They don’t want to do recall because of cost of changing all batteries on pumas made in Romania. Apparently new ones aren’t and have varta as standard.
Just checked mine, only picked it up last week and can confirm that it's a rombat 😠 don't know the build date tho so I suppose it could be old stock 🤷‍♂️ anyone tell me how to check 👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

BjNtheBear wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:59 pm
Hunbob wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 am Had the same problem eventually went to customer service who agreed to change to Varta battery and now everything works fine even things like the foot boot opener which had never worked properly. In the end my old battery was discharging overnight, fortunately mine did it while at the dealer being checked so they couldn’t argue. They don’t want to do recall because of cost of changing all batteries on pumas made in Romania. Apparently new ones aren’t and have varta as standard.
Just checked mine, only picked it up last week and can confirm that it's a rombat 😠 don't know the build date tho so I suppose it could be old stock 🤷‍♂️ anyone tell me how to check 👍
11th & 12th character of your VIN.

B7D3A616-3CF6-42DE-B709-7322DC181B40.jpeg

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:30 pm
BjNtheBear wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:59 pm
11th & 12th character of your VIN.

B7D3A616-3CF6-42DE-B709-7322DC181B40.jpeg
March 21 build with Rombat!
Cheers👍
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Not had any problems with the rombat so far but I'd like to know the correct model/type of varta battery to check out prices etc if anyone can enlighten me......just in case 😉😁
focusfh56

Post by focusfh56 »

This battery problem also exists on the early new Focus. Dealers say there is no information from Ford about this. However, the later models i.e. MHEV models the problem is resolved but they still use the same spec battery.
manc

Post by manc »

Mine was a Nov 20 (LS) build date, not had a problem so far how do you know it is a rombat battery?
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

When you look at battery it will have ford sticker on it but below that you will see the rombat or ROM sticker if indeed it is a rombat
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Pumanick

Post by Pumanick »

Hi All
Picked up the wife’s car this weekend build in May 2021 and its fitted with a Varta battery!!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know might help with Rombat cases

Hope it helps
Fabulous Red Puma ST,Performance Pack,Driver Assistance Pack :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pumanick wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:20 pm Hi All
Picked up the wife’s car this weekend build in May 2021 and its fitted with a Varta battery!!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know might help with Rombat cases

Hope it helps
That's interesting, if they've ditched Rombat and moved to Varta at the factory it would seem they may have acknowledged the problem.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.