Bo!!*cks

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:02 pm
Wdf76 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 pm Tyre fitters won't puncture repair a tyre that has been filled with sealant. Use it and you will have to replace the tyre. It's a get you to safety solution only.
Only a bad tyre fitter... ;) It can be cleared out in most cases. Unless of course you leave it too long before getting the repair. That said, I wouldn't want to use it, other than in an emergency.
Ever asked a tyre fitter to clean one out? 😁
Good point, but, a local one advertises that it can be done.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just to add insult to injury, the new tyre pump that was delivered today, packed in on first use......Couldn't make it up. :lol:
Can you use the inflator in the car as an independent pump? I didn't really want to disturb it from it's nest, but..... :(
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Sparks wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 pm Just to add insult to injury, the new tyre pump that was delivered today, packed in on first use......Couldn't make it up. :lol:
Can you use the inflator in the car as an independent pump? I didn't really want to disturb it from it's nest, but..... :(
Yes the supplied inflator works exactly like a normal one (just don’t attach the bottle of gunk),
I use mine to top up tyres when needed and found it works extremely well. Just make sure you check the pressures using a certified gauge.

Hope that helps?
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 pm Just to add insult to injury, the new tyre pump that was delivered today, packed in on first use......Couldn't make it up. :lol:
Yes the supplied inflator works exactly like a normal one (just don’t attach the bottle of gunk),
I use mine to top up tyres when needed and found it works extremely well. Just make sure you check the pressures using a certified gauge.

Hope that helps?
Thanks, Just need to get enough air into it to get me a couple of miles for a repair, if I can't get anyone out...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Well, couldn't save the tyre unfortunately.
I had difficulty getting any local companies to come and fix it on the drive. So, had to resort to 'Tyres On The Drive', which is a Halfords service. Had some trepidation as Nationals are a bit hit and miss.
You have to buy a tyre on line then, if you have suspected puncture, make a phone call and request 'Repair or Replace'. If they can fix the puncture it's £45 and you are reimbursed the remainder of your tyre purchase cost.
Anyway, the fitter arrived (admired the Puma, first he'd seen close up) whipped the wheel off, into a very impressive tyre bay contained in the van. He found a large hole in the tyre right on the edge, glad I didn't put the gunk into it, I doubt it would have fixed it. No idea what caused it.
He had the new tyre back on the car in minutes. I think he was here for about15 minutes in total.
Based on my experience today, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. The cost was the same as others were charging for the tyre, with great convenience.
Back on the road tomorrow...... :D
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Glad it’s sorted

A couple of years ago I had all 4 tyres changed on my fiesta on the driveway (kwikfit I think) with some trepidation, but all was good. It was really convenient.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Glad you got it sorted :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

My new front grill was fitted last Weds £293 quid if it makes you feel any better :>) I might pay to keep the Continentals Contact 6 on mine when they need changing they do grip the road better in all weather and fuel is quite good too. I am used to paying £145 for 4 not 1 but it is worth paying where safety is concerned. Glad you are back on the road now