Engine management light

All Ford Puma related discussions
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

I guessing if a new sensor didn't fix the problem they looked to the other end of the wire, the ECU. Swapping that would require key matching to be run.

Look on the bright side, you'll have a new ECU running the latest software when you get it back :)

Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I got car back today all fixed it turned out it was the exhaust sensor that was causing the problem they also fitted the obs cap the service manager told me that the ford app is the pain of their lives phonecalls to branches saying this and that came up as a fault on app but after checks nothing wrong at all I don't think the dealership have got the knowledge to cope as they are always phoning ford for advice anyway hopefully everything will be fine now I will keep fingers crossed
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

You buy your car from the dealer so the buck should stop with them. I think legally your contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer. Best try and get cosy with a dealer which breeds a bit of confidence. I've a Ford dealer 7 miles away but use one 20 miles away. They are the same company but of course different people and that's what's making the difference for me.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Bluebrazil wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 pm I got car back today all fixed it turned out it was the exhaust sensor that was causing the problem they also fitted the obs cap the service manager told me that the ford app is the pain of their lives phonecalls to branches saying this and that came up as a fault on app but after checks nothing wrong at all I don't think the dealership have got the knowledge to cope as they are always phoning ford for advice anyway hopefully everything will be fine now I will keep fingers crossed
What a performance for what was already diagnosed by the App as an exhaust sensor!
I had exactly the same fault and message on the app, when I booked it with the dealer I informed them what the app said and left it for them to read the fault. Luckily I have access to forscan and had already checked the fault logged and it was for the exhaust sensor and even gave additional info.
Within an hour of the garage having the car, they had phoned to say they needed to order an exhaust sensor and it would be fitted the next day.

If I was you, I would be looking for another dealership!
Colivar58

Post by Colivar58 »

I have the same issue but my service date is 12 days away. The service desk would not say if it was safe to drive the car. Can anyone give me some advice.
Jordan21193

Post by Jordan21193 »

I have an engine management light on currently, it’s going into ford on Wednesday as that’s the earliest. A friend has just checked it and says it’s a bank 1 emissions sensor I have platinum warranty and maintenance with RAC. Will it be covered, if not roughly how much will it set me back.
2020 Puma St-line X. 125
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Jordan21193 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:47 pm I have an engine management light on currently, it’s going into ford on Wednesday as that’s the earliest. A friend has just checked it and says it’s a bank 1 emissions sensor I have platinum warranty and maintenance with RAC. Will it be covered, if not roughly how much will it set me back.
You don't say which Puma you have nor how old it is.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Jordan21193

Post by Jordan21193 »

Sorry, I have an 2020, 125 manual, ST line X, 22k miles
2020 Puma St-line X. 125
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Probably O2 sensor gone or its wiring. Cost isn't much if not under warranty.