Engine management light

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

My fiesta was supposed to be my last Ford car.....then they brought out the Puma...
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

alanp wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 pm My fiesta was supposed to be my last Ford car.....then they brought out the Puma...
they got you hooked mate :D
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
alanp

Post by alanp »

Looks like it, have you seen their new electric suv coming next year, that does look nice.....
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

alanp wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:47 pm Looks like it, have you seen their new electric suv coming next year, that does look nice.....
The car that's replacing the Mondeo? Looks a bit generic to me, either way they will price it out of the market.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

The hatch they're supposedly building with or @VW interests me more.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Update to management light..... My car has been with the dealership since 25th march awaiting a sensor to be delivered and fitted . Got a phonecall this morning to advise that the part is now fitted BUT the engine management light is still on and are awaiting a response from ford to tell them how to turn it off two hours later another phone call from the garage to ask if they could come and pick up the spare key as they need to reset the keys to extinguish the light. This after almost a fortnight with my car. this is ford efficiency for you
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Extremely frustrating, hope it's all good for you on it's return
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Well I hope so I want a report on everything they have done they also had a recall job to do and will ask if they did an update
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Good luck with software and module updates. Most dealers don't seem keen, don't think they can claim for it. You need to tell them it's a safety issue and that should get a response. look forward to reading your report.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They'd need both keys to reprogram them to the car. I imagine they've done a full system reset and reinstalled software perhaps?

I'd cut them some slack, new car, new systems, new faults to learn and how best to fix them.

I agree that communications could be better, there doesn't seem to be a dealer (from any manufacturer) capable of this.

Search VW ID3 faults to see the barrage of complaints they've been getting. It looks as though manufacturers are rushing products to market whilst leaving their dealer networks in the dark when it comes to support. Volvo with their XC30 seem to be having the same issues. All relating to software.

We bash Ford a bit for appearing to sit on their hands but this is an industry wide problem. With all the outsourcing going on there's simply too many links in the chain.