Help - MHEV 125 or 155?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Help_please

Post by Help_please »

Hello, apologies if there is somewhere else I should be posting this. I have arranged to buy a Puma ST Line X MHEV 1st Edition tomorrow, the dealer has the vehicle listed as a 1.0 Ecoboost MHEV 155, but when attempting to buy insurance the car is coming up as an MHEV 125. The dealer has insisted the insurance site is wrong, is there a way I can confirm this before going to collect the car tomorrow?

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

If it’s not new, ask to see the V5 document.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Help_please

Post by Help_please »

Hi NeilS, thanks, that was my thinking as it is nearly new. I had asked them to send me a copy of the V5 to confirm but by the time I had sent the e-mail they may have gone home for the evening. I was just wondering if there was anywhere else that could be checked to confirm, I had looked on the Ford Etis site but with the reg and VIN nothing is coming up for bhp.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I am pretty sure etis will show you the model do you have an account to check with
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Help_please

Post by Help_please »

No etis account, only the vehicle check available to all. I looked at the registration but it said dealers and garages only.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I can’t think of any other sites (other than insurance quotes) that would show the bhp and I guess that’s the confusion you’ve experienced.

It may be worth waiting til the dealer gets in touch. It shouldn’t make that much difference to the quote especially if you want the car, but it is important to get the details right on the policy.

Let us know how you get on.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Door sticker on the b pillar will say 125 or 155 ask them to send a pic of that to verify. V5 may be incorrect if it's been registered wrongly.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

If you know the reg put it in here https://motorscan.co.uk/ Providing it's not a new car to you.
Under 'Vehicle details' (scroll down) It should give you the Power output. The 125 is actually 123, I think the 155 is 153. They just round the numbers up.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:29 pm The 125 is actually 123, I think the 155 is 153. They just round the numbers up.
No rounding, 155PS = 153BHP
One's metric the others mechanical.
Help_please

Post by Help_please »

Thanks for the input all, I’ve e-mailed the sales rep again this morning asking for proof it’s the 155. All online checks/reports plus insurance sites are coming back as the 125 but the rep is is insisting those are wrong.

I will let you know how I get on.......