Dealership waffle or not...!!

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Received my module updates on Tuesday and it looks like my problems with traffic sign recognition are sorted as is the tailgate wave your foot to open lottery. It's taken six months but perseverance is the game so I'm all chuffed up at the moment.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Has anyone taken a pic of the tailgate sensor. I'm curious to know it's position and size, also is it subject to road grime and other deposits masking it on occasion.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

Well OBD cover done.... software updates not ! I was told by the director of the Ford dealership that software updates are not done unless there is a fault with the particular module that needs updating... 🤷🏻‍♂️ Then after the OBD recall was done the receptionist came out with my paperwork and says there was no software updates showing on Etis... that’s a complete fabrication because they are still there showing their little green dots.... 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️That’s it I give up just going to leave it now.... like they say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it... 🥴🤦🏻‍♂️
Ford Puma ST2 Gold Edition ...Agate Black/Build Date 14.2.2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Alternative dealer required....I'd travel up to 50 miles for better treatment, should I need to.
What you were told is not true. My dealer updated mine without any quibbles...So, it seems it's your dealer policy or he was just old fashioned lying.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'm a bit on the fence with updates. With anything software related not all updates are beneficial. You often read of people wanting to roll back. Issue is that you never know what the update does. If you didn't have access to etis, you'd never know.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Like Sparks says, change your dealer. Tell them it's a safety issue. The road sign recognition can affect the adaptive cruise control so that could be a starter. There should be a directive from Ford regarding these updates but they will refer you to the dealer. The best idea would be for Ford to make it possible for the owner to update modules as you do with sync updates.
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

My point is if Ford release an software update it should be applied because it’s an update the same as Microsoft releases an update for Windows they don’t say you can’t update because your Windows isn’t showing an faults !!! 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:42 pm I'm a bit on the fence with updates. With anything software related not all updates are beneficial. You often read of people wanting to roll back. Issue is that you never know what the update does. If you didn't have access to etis, you'd never know.
They issue updates because they are needed or are improvements. Having the choice taken away from you by someone at the dealership is not on. If you have no way of updating other than the dealer, that's what should happen.
If you don't have access to information regarding updates, then you rely on your dealer making sure it's up to date. Steve can't rely on his dealer now for anything because it will always be in his mind that they wouldn't do all the updates.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Not all updates are improvements. You can't say that without knowing. My dealer told me that they didn't have to do them and couldn't bill Ford for their time. They did them though. 😄
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

Hmmmmmmmmmm think I’ll stop checking Etis.... should stop getting anxious about updates then just stick to recall checking !! 🥴🤦🏻‍♂️