Ford pass app, my journeys

All Ford Puma related discussions
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Hi,
Newish Puma owner here trying to get my head round the tech features of the car. Have set up the FordPass app (on 2 different iPhones) which are both also connecting via Bluetooth but cannot get the My journeys section of the app to register any journey taken so far.

Other features of the app appear to be working, so can lock/unlock car, see latest odometer readings and tyre pressures, plus the location of the car, so it's just the My journeys bit that seems to not work. From the earlier statements, looks like it affects others too.

How is this best sorted? Delete / reinstall the app or reset the car system back to factory defaults? I see two reset options in the car menus, one for Ford Connect reset and another a full system reset? Is either one of those a better option?

Is the My journey functionality dependent on other settings on the car, too? Within the app, the phones have both given the app access to location at all times and the journey recording settings are set to 'Automatically via Applink'

Anything we've missed?

Thanks in advance

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Smartin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 pm Anything we've missed?
Hi.

Long shot, but have you checked 'my journey' settings in app.

Account/settings/my journey.

Think you covered this already, and within sync settings in your Puma you have agreed to data sharing etc.

If you are getting lock/unlock to work then you gave an established connection between sync and ford pass.

Final suggestion is to as a ford pass guide.... Though i don't think peoples experiences with them have been all that positive.

Screenshot_20210309-154105.png

Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Thanks for responding.

Yes, have the top option selected. The text under that option suggests it should work via USB or Bluetooth, but clicking on learn about Applink only talks about connecting by Usb, so perhaps that's the problem. It maybe doesn't work via bluetooth
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Smartin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:50 pm Thanks for responding.

Yes, have the top option selected. The text under that option suggests it should work via USB or Bluetooth, but clicking on learn about Applink only talks about connecting by Usb, so perhaps that's the problem. It maybe doesn't work via bluetooth
When I tried journey recording early on I found it worked straight away. I didn't have any issues with settings etc. App link was set on recommended settings.

Have you tried the journey recording on your device setting? (Select notification after each journey). At the very least you could establish whether its your phone or Puma that's causing the issue.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

After a couple of minutes click on Mobile Apps on the Sync display and ensure that the FordPass App is showing. If not there may be a problem with permissions.
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:14 pm

When I tried journey recording early on I found it worked straight away. I didn't have any issues with settings etc. App link was set on recommended settings.

Have you tried the journey recording on your device setting? (Select notification after each journey). At the very least you could establish whether its your phone or Puma that's causing the issue.
Do you mean the second option on that screenshot above, the one that says 'Manually from this screen'? If so, then, no, not tried that yet.

I probably should mention that the car was bought second hand as a lightly used courtesy car at a local ford dealer, so also read about the need to perform a master reset on the system to make sure all of the old settings/user details would be erased. Perhaps that wasn't done correctly/at all prior to handover.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Do a master reset as the first point of call, also depends what phone you have as its slightly different for iphone / andriod .

Mobile Apps is on the SYNC unit and it should show FordPass but think you have to connect via usb for this to show initially
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

Thanks for all the responses. The Ford Pass app does show under Mobile apps on the Sync unit but still didn't record any journey. Tried the manual journey record option and that worked, though.
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Hi. When on the app screen in the car, the Ford pass connect icon shows. Have you opened the app on the car screen in order to start it. After you have pressed the Ford pass icon it should say app running.
It opens up lots of other features like traffic parking etc.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

You also need to set location services to always in the phone settings for the app.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT