Guard mode

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Very clever

Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

it is clever , should be on the Puma too
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Seen another article stating its going to be rolled out with OTA update.......
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Friend picked up his December build Puma this week and has guard mode in his ford pass app

robgee

Post by robgee »

Guard mode most be dependent on the car or the data on the ford servers as I can’t see the app being any different. Has he got any other differences on his SYNC maybe a later version ? There was talk of the climate settings being on SYNC in newer builds.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

robgee wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:29 am Guard mode most be dependent on the car or the data on the ford servers as I can’t see the app being any different. Has he got any other differences on his SYNC maybe a later version ? There was talk of the climate settings being on SYNC in newer builds.
Climate temp shows on my sync screen when as well as via the temp switch and mines an old build.
Apparently Guard Mode is an OTA update to the Pro Pass app and is on a slow roll out.
Not sure it's going to be any use to me.....My phone is turned off at night.... :o :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:59 am
robgee wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:29 am Guard mode most be dependent on the car or the data on the ford servers as I can’t see the app being any different. Has he got any other differences on his SYNC maybe a later version ? There was talk of the climate settings being on SYNC in newer builds.
Climate is on my sync screen when as well as via the temp switch and mines an old build.
Apparently Guard Mode is an OTA update to the Pro Pass app and is on a slow roll out.
Not sure it's going to be any use to me.....My phone is turned off at night.... :o :D
I can get the climate controls on the SYNC by amending it using Forscan but if you have it by default i would be interested to see the difference in the ASBUILT data just to see if yours is different to mine. I have found a program at http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx that will compare asbuilt data , its not the greatest but it does work
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

What do you need from me to compare? I can PM my VIN if that will help.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Your VIN or reg number will do , I will have a quick compare later.

Cheers
jeza

Post by jeza »

not sure about the full remit of guard mode. However the app and car already does some of this. My dash cam holder fell off my windscreen the other day while I was shopping and the App alerted me to say that there was unauthorised movement in the car